Playback problem on first try (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a little niggle with my MP 1.10 install on just one out of 4 machines in the house. It is the main machine in the lounge that has the issue.

If I open MediaPortal, go to MovingPictures and start playing back a film, it does not playback on first attempt. The screen goes blank, and the refresh rate change auto kicks in, then it just hangs at 0.00. If I press stop, and then play again, it works fine. It also works fine if I playback a video outside of MovingPictures first, eg via live or recorded TV or Videos, or MP TV Series.

So, the problem only occurs if I go straight to MovingPictures on starting MediaPortal, and try and playback a film. I have to press stop and play again for it to work.

I have tried it with disabling some plug-ins such as MPDisplay++ and Trakt, but the problem was still there. I also tried it with and without MPAR, didn't make any difference. I couldn't use watchdog, as that doesn't load MovingPictures, so I have attached some clean logs with the problem occuring.

thanks

lisa

Attachments

• AudioRenderer.bak
      17.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @lisag, if the other 3 work fine, then perhaps just look for the difference. Otherwise go back to basics, and first ensure the system is up-to-date on chipset driver, videocard driver, LAV codec, MediaInfo DLL, and then go over all the settings again that impact playback. Disable MePo thumbnail generation otherwise, or safeguard your existing MePo install by renaming the two base folders, and do a fresh totally clean install (not a single trace of the old install can be re-used) to see if problem is in MePo, or outside of it.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply.

I should have said that I have upgraded this weekend from MP 1.6 to MP 1.10, the problem was there before, and I assumed it was probably because I was running an old version, and expected it to be fixed when I got up to date. Before I did the upgrade on this machine, I got some windows updates and I did a complete uninstall of MP 1.6 and then a clean install of MP 1.10.

I'll check for driver updates and maybe try a different skin and codecs to see if I can find the issue. It's not a big deal, easily livable with, but just curious now to see why it's happening!

Actually, I am not too sure on how to update the MediaInfo DLL, is this not an automated event when installing / updating MovingPictures?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Solved it!!

It was ffdshow set up as a video post processor that was the culprit.
    I disabled that and the problem vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom