[no Bug] Playback stops when turning of TV (HDMI) (1 Viewer)

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
Same with a Nvidia card, the video stop ;-) To be honest I think that is was normal. But another problem for me when I reconnect the TV

I try screen selector because of another bug : If you shutdown TV mediaportal goes to the touch screen at 1024x768, it's ok, but when you turn on TV again it goes to the TV screen but stay in 1024x768

(https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...lternative-full-screen-screen-selector-80768/)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
rob, technik. You need to check in your graphic adapter driver settings if it is posible to disable detection of TV presence (like i described before for ATI cards).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This kind of issues is not caused by MP - nor can we "fix" them on our end.
    These are problems caused by hardware and their drivers. It could even be caused by the AV-reiceiver itselfe.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    infinityloop, robcarter said that it doesn't happen with MCE, so possibly there is something special in handling of device states (or ignoring these states :) ).
    I just pointed to the workaround on device driver level, but there may be other ways...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    infinityloop, robcarter said that it doesn't happen with MCE, so possibly there is something special in handling of device states (or ignoring these states :) ).
    I just pointed to the workaround on device driver level, but there may be other ways...

MP1 wont ever be able to handle the device lost cases correctly. It's skin engine would require much refactoring to be able to cope with the device resets. Especially ugly when we have to support XP that cannot take advantage of DirectX 9Ex. So, I would suggest to "fix" HW / drivers in such way that you wont get lost HDMI connection when turning off the tv or switching inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom