Playback stuttering after upgrade from MP1 on Windows 7 to MP2 on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Was running media portal 1 on a windows 7 machine - playback of films and recorded TV series just worked. About 2 years ago, I tried updating my machine to windows 10 - but found that my film and TV series files got out of sync the longer they played - so reverted to Windows 7. When media portal 2 was released, I thought I'd try again - upgrading to windows 10 and media portal 2. Mostly it works fine, but some files play stuttering (they are fine for example played on their own on vlc media player.) Virtually all my files are x265 mkv format - most are 720p or 1080p. Restarting MP2 will sometimes fix the issue - but not always. The machine is a low powered (25 watt) amd 5350 quad core 2.05 ghz cpu with onchip radeon graphics and 4GB RAM. But as I say, never a problem under windows 7/MP1 - same files play no problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was running media portal 1 on a windows 7 machine - playback of films and recorded TV series just worked. About 2 years ago, I tried updating my machine to windows 10 - but found that my film and TV series files got out of sync the longer they played - so reverted to Windows 7. When media portal 2 was released, I thought I'd try again - upgrading to windows 10 and media portal 2. Mostly it works fine, but some files play stuttering (they are fine for example played on their own on vlc media player.) Virtually all my files are x265 mkv format - most are 720p or 1080p. Restarting MP2 will sometimes fix the issue - but not always. The machine is a low powered (25 watt) amd 5350 quad core 2.05 ghz cpu with onchip radeon graphics and 4GB RAM. But as I say, never a problem under windows 7/MP1 - same files play no problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Did you uninstall with the installation of Windows 10 also MP1? Please see in the forum how to report problems. Without log files we can not help you, because only there we can see what is happening in the background.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What might help is an upgrade of LAV. I am using the latest nightly 0.73.1-30 and it solved some other video playback problems that I had.

Mostly it works fine, but some files play stuttering
    Generally speaking we require log files at DEBUG level to be able to say more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom