playback stuttering (1 Viewer)

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
July 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi Folks,

Last few days now, im having playback issues with media being served from my unraid server.
It only happens with content on unraid. So TV recording and Live TV are fine.

Im hoping someone could take a look at my logs which were running during a time of playback issue.

I have a feeling its to do with Unraid server, possibly failing hdds. But just want to rule out any issues with mediaportal

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

So TV recording and Live TV are fine.
    Well that's interesting, because I can see continuity errors in TV Server's TsWriter log. ;)

As far as other content goes...

What kind of playback issues do you see?

The log files ( (y) ) show you attempting to play:
    \\tower\media\TV Shows\Shooter\Season 02\Shooter - S02E02 - Remember The Alamo.mkv

Your codec configuration is for LAV to be used... but actually LAV audio is not used:
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,978] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: RenderUnconnectedOutputPins Pin Output - failed
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,980] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Audio Decoder
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,981] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - - remove done
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,982] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Default DirectSound Device
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,983] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Enhanced Video Renderer
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,984] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,984] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Video Decoder
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,985] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Splitter Source

So, that (LAV audio config) could be an avenue to check.

Also, the EVR log shows many entries such as this:
    [2017-07-27 18:44:52,281] [1ff82c50] [1908] - Scheduling sample from the past (144.98 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.51 ms, Queue: 0)

So maybe you see jerky playback with many dropped frames? If it were me I would check the LAV video config (make sure DXVA is enabled appropriately etc.).

Finally, I note this:
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,071] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: Inspecting media : \\tower\media\TV Shows\Shooter\Season 02\Shooter - S02E02 - Remember The Alamo.mkv
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,071] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: Parse speed : 0.3
    [2017-07-27 18:44:25,071] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate : 23.976

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
    Monitor Id: SAM0C04
    Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (30.000Hz)

If your problem is that you see many frames dropped, I would recommend to try to match frame rates (enable DRRC) if possible.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @mm1352000
    I will take a look at my codec settings.
    Best way to explain issue is, its like im streaming something on the net with a very poor connection speed.
    Keeps freezing, then pauses, catches up an plays.

Thanks for checking out the logs

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ive checked out my LAV settings, and from what i can tell, it all looks good.
    I have screen shots of my settings that you can see if anything is wrong

Cheers

Attachments

• video settings.png
      video settings.png
      375.3 KB
    • codecs.png
      codecs.png
      232.9 KB
    • audio.png
      audio.png
      309 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mmmmm, there are a few things there I would definitely tweak.

First, the video decoder settings...
    • DXVA2 (copy-back) => DXVA2 (native)
    • resolutions: untick UHD (4k); I don't think your GPU supports this
    • codecs for HW decoding: untick HEVC; your GPU supports HEVC 8 bit decoding, but many (most?) HEVC is 10 bit
    Refer to Haswell in this table:
    Intel HD and Iris Graphics - Wikipedia

The first change above may help solve the problem.

Now the audio decoder settings...
    You may already know this, but make sure you only enable bit-streaming for formats supported by your AVR (or TV, if you don't have an AVR).
    My guess is that LAV audio is not used because you don't have an AVR and your TV doesn't support bit-streaming.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @mm1352000
    Hi,
    I have made changes above, and so far my test have stopped with the stuttering playback, but now whilst playing media over the network i geg and audio delay.
    Could any of the above suggestions cause this?

I dont have access to logs until tomorrow and will post them then
    I will also try a few different shows and see if it its everything being sent from the server

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    logs as promised.I tested a few files, including the original one from yesterday and this time couldn't get the audio delay.
    No it has me baffled

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

im back with my problem again. To be honest, my decribed work around above did not work though i thought i would.

So i treid some other things today and get the following results. Im more and more convinced that my problem isnt caused by MP but already by windows.

When i switch the refresh rate in my nvidia settings from 60 to 24, moving my windows cursor is laggy. After starting MP with that, navigating in the MP main menu is laggy as well. So maybe when i switch from a tv show with 50fps to a show with 24 fps the problem isnt caused from MP but from windows, switching the refresh rate to 24hz in the background.

But when i restart the HTPC, andf windows starts from the last fps state, in this case 24hz, windows runs fine and also my tv show is running fine. So it seems there is a problem with switching the refresh rate in windows in general.

Im pretty sure i did not have the problem in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom