Playing BD's and DVD's in MP1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, so I played a DVD just now and made a log from my actions.
    I have some remarks and questions right away:
    - how do I enter the DVD menu during play-back, using a keyboard?
    I'd suggest you check out our Wiki, but DVD Menu is button D.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/20_Reference/Keyboard_Shortcuts/4_Videos
    - I get irratic behaviour from mouse and keyboard when running MP. Mouse-clicks aren't always detected, keyboard strokes aren't always detected, delays between clicks and response...
    MP isn't really made to be handled with a mouse, but more with a remote and/or keyboard, so some things might not go as fluid as you expect them to go. But reading your comment, i suspect there is something else interfering.

- Why do I see 128x720 pixels in the settings for "' GI kalibreren" while Ii have a full HD screen set to 1080p.
    Probably because you're running a 720p skin.
    - The OS gets quite sluggish when MP is running. I run Windows 8 x64 but it looks like MP is installed as a 32 bit application. Is that correct?
    Yes, MP is a 32bit application (but should run smooth on Win 8 x64)

Last edited:

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I still have to work my way trough the wiki. I hadn't found the keyboard shortcuts yet. Thanks for pointing me to it.

The erratic behavior might come from a combination of MP not being developed for a mouse but for a remote and the K400 receiver not working really well (I noticed that a few minutes after I posted my last message) I'll have to go look for an MCE-compatible remote then.

I'm running the standard skin that comes with the installation. Titan that is. So I need to go look for a nice 1080p skin ... or keep Titan. I like how it looks. :)
    But checking out some fancy skins will be nice when I got everything running. Which might just be a matter of getting a decent remote and reading trough the wiki.

Passkey Lite is quite annoying according some users. With every boot it asks to fill out the registration again. I could just try it and see if I can play BD's and afterward decide if I want to buy a Passkey for BluRay license.

I feel I'm going in the right direction.:)
    Again, thanks for all the help.(y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can answer for few things :

'D' should display the menu.
    About mouse, @Scythe42 knows about (and seems related to hidden cursor).
    MP is an 32bits app

:)

Edit : i'm too late for sure lol (i didn't refresh the page :p)

Last edited:

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can answer for few things :

'D' should display the menu.
    About mouse, @Scythe42 knows about (and seems related to hidden cursor).
    MP is an 32bits app

:)

Edit : i'm too late for sure lol (i didn't refresh the page :p)

Don't worry. It's better to get good info twice then to not get it at all. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom