Playing BLU RAU disk using movingpicture (1 Viewer)

chewie

Portal Member
February 18, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

First of all thank you for an excellent plug-in, I have one question is it possible to set movingpictures up to start TMT when a BLU RAU disk is inserted and selected or shall I configure TMT as an external player in MP. I would like to avoid setting up an external player because I also have some MKV files I would like to play using the internal player.

BR

Chewie

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Bascially you only have to set Windows to autolaunch TMT when a BR disk is inserted.

In Vista do the following:

Start > Computer > Right click your DVD-rom and choose Open autorun or something like that (Åpne Autokjør in the norwegian version)

You should then get this window:

Here you just tell Vista to launch TMT when it detects a BR disk (works fine when mounting ISO-files aswell)

Now each time you tell MediaPortal to launch a BR-image it will mount it (you have to set up Daemon Tools for this) and when Vista detects the mounted file it will launch TMT and start the movie.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi

First of all thank you for an excellent plug-in, I have one question is it possible to set movingpictures up to start TMT when a BLU RAU disk is inserted and selected or shall I configure TMT as an external player in MP. I would like to avoid setting up an external player because I also have some MKV files I would like to play using the internal player.

BR

Chewie

I think you will find all the details here: Configuring Bluray and HDDVD playback - Moving Pictures

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Follow the instructions as posted in the link that Pretoriano specified. This allows you to setup an external player just for playing Blurays.
    Depending on the version of TMT/PowerDVD hdd rips are also supported now. Using OS autoplay works (only for ISOs though) but using the external player option in Moving Pictures will integrate more nicely then OS autoplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom