Playing DVD makes Mediaportal Crash (1 Viewer)

Drudixx

Portal Member
June 12, 2005
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (With SP2 and Update Rollup 2)
CPU Type: Intel E6850 Core2Duo 3.0 GHz
HDD: 200GB IDE
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte - N650SLI-DS4
Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: MSI NX8600GTS
Video Card Driver: ForceWare Release 169.21
Sound Card: RealTech HD
Sound Card AC3: RealTech HD
Sound Card Driver: RealTech HD
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T-500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: 4.2
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T-PCI
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver: 4.2
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow/ Powerdvd7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow/ Powerdvd7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Terrestrial
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Sony 46W2000
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

When I play DVD Mediaportal crash when I stop the movie, and the details is that Mediaportal has caused a fault and need to be shutdown. I have tried with both ffdshow and PDVD 7 codex and I get the same error regardless of which of these two codex I use.

This is how I replicate the fault:

After restart:
Start the watching the DVD by clicking “Play DVD” after a while click “Stop” – Works.
Then I start watching the DVD again and this time when I click “Stop” Mediaportal crashes (It always crashes the second time)

To try to fix this problem I have done the following:

Reinstall all .Net versions (I.e. remove them, reboot, reinstall)
Reinstall ffdshow, and powerdvd 7.2

I have attached all the logs.

Thanks in advance
- Drudixx

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    After restart:
    Start the watching the DVD by clicking “Play DVD” after a while click “Stop” – Works.
    Then I start watching the DVD again and this time when I click “Stop” Mediaportal crashes (It always crashes the second time)

Just tried exactly above using PDVD7 (latest) as Video, FFDShow (CCCP testing atm) as audio, same as your graphs indicate.

Cannot reproduce, restarts DVD from either beginning if selected or from resume point fine, tried a few times with each.

When you say after a restart, is this a reboot or resume or just starting MP, mine tested after a resume from standby.

ps. not a lot in logs to point to any issue there, that i can see.

Drudixx

Portal Member
    June 12, 2005
    Home Country
    After restart:
    When you say after a restart, is this a reboot or resume or just starting MP, mine tested after a resume from standby.

When I say restart I meant reboot of the machine. As when it's start crashing it will crash every time until I have reboot at which point it will work fine the first time just to crash the second attempt.

I will continue to test and see if I can generate more information that can point to the fault. I have tried to remove Mediaportal completely and start all over with a new install, but I still experience the same problem. It worked fine in Mediaportal 0.2.3.0 with SVN 18560 installed.

I will post more logs as soon as I have more information that can point in the direction of the fault.

Thanks for looking into this for me thought.

- Drudixx

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not sure what it means but event log has catched a couple of errors:
    .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.1433 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (79FFEE24) (80131506)

&

Faulting application mediaportal.exe, version 0.9.1.18808, stamp 4808c91d, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.1433, stamp 471ef729, debug? 0, fault address 0x00008ac9.

Do you use PDVD as DVD Navigator too?

Regards
    Roy

Drudixx

Portal Member
    June 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Roy,

It does not matter if I use PDVD or DVD Navigator (Tried them both), I still get the same fault.

I.e. I have this configuration according to the configuration tool: - All of these failes the same way as described in my first post.

DVD Navigator
    Video: ffdshow (it was what it was when the logfiles submitted above, so I am not sure why it used PDVD7)
    Audio: fddshow

DVD Navigator
    Video: PDVD7
    Audio: PDVD7 UPNP

PDVD7 Navigator
    Video: PDVD7
    Audio: PDVD7 UPNP

When you use PDVD Navigator it will not resume from where you stopped, while it will when you use DVD Navigator. But I don't think this is related to the fault I have described above.

- Drudixx

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ok, can you try to disable all 3'rd party plugins & use a "clean" install (you can rename your user folders & re-install MP, then re-configure it & do not add any plugins which is not included with MP) to find out if this it's caused by MP 0or not, have tested several times here but not able to confirm this.

If it still crashes set in MediaPortal Configuration -> general -> Log Level to debug & attach all logs again.

Regards
    Roy

Drudixx

Portal Member
    June 12, 2005
    Home Country
    I will do if I get the same problem as I reinstalled the machine yesterday, but have not tested anything yet.

Will let you know if it works or not.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom