Playing DVD:s from hard disk (2 Viewers)

frontline

December 23, 2005
How can I play DVD:s directly from my hard disk? Either directly from the iso file or from the VIDEO_TS folders.
If it could show the menus also (like playing a normal dvd) that would be great.

And another thing. How can I setup some thumbnails or something like that for video files? Now the "filmstrip" looks kinda empty with a big black box with a couple of files shown below. In general the file listings seem to display the filenames too small.

It would be nice to have a view with the movie name as a big header, and pictures about the movie (eg. cover art, the user could specify these somehow) as background. Then there would be a next/prev toggle to loop through the movies.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    frontline said:
    ...How can I play DVD:s directly from my hard disk? Either directly from the iso file or from the VIDEO_TS folders.
    If it could show the menus also (like playing a normal dvd) that would be great...

Just add the folder where your Video_TS folders are stored to the movie section in setup (configuration.exe).
    Video-Modul will automatically recognize the DVD-format and you can use all menus etc.

frontline said:
    ...And another thing. How can I setup some thumbnails or something like that for video files? Now the "filmstrip" looks kinda empty with a big black box with a couple of files shown below. In general the file listings seem to display the filenames too small...

The thumbnail you want to see needs to be in the same folder your movie is and needs to has the same name.

Regards
    Ralph

frontline

December 23, 2005
    Cool, thanks, will try this out.

BTW, I get an error when I try to edit movie folders in setup... Must try to find out what causes this.

"Failed to locate assembly SimiasClient, Version=1.1.5250.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom