Playing Video Clips like Music Tracks? (1 Viewer)

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
As I would expect - When I select the first Audio file in a folder MP plays this then moves to the next and so on till all tacks in the album have all been played. I can also use the Skip FWD / Back to buttons on the MCE remote to move forward / back between tracks.

I've got a similar structure for Music Video clips where I have ripped individual tracks from Music DVD's into seperate MPEG files in a folder (like you do with Audio CD's). The problem is that unlike the playing of Audio Files, MP seems to only play the selected Video File then stops (and Skip FWD / Back does not work). It seems I have to select each MPEG clip individually. I'd like to config MP to treat playing Video files the same way it does Audio files, any ideas (eg all files in the folder, one at a time - with Skip FWD / Back).

Thanks
Nathan

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.2
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: PentiumD 2.8
HDD: WD2500 x 2
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Dell SC430
Motherboard Chipset: Dell SC430
Motherboard Bios: Dell SC430
Video Card: NVIDIA 6200TC
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA
Sound Card: C-Media 8768 with SPDIF
Sound Card AC3: C-Media 8768 with SPDIF
Sound Card Driver: C-Media 8768
1. TV Card: DVICO PCI Fusion Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia, ffdshow, Nero, DVICO
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia, ffdshow, Nero, DVICO
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Foxtel
Remote: MCE
TV: Hitachi Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
December 31, 2005
Scotland
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
ohdark: playlists are hard work

Its not that hard, just press Y and the folder, video or song gets added to the playlist and then go into playlists and start playing the first one on the list.

You could just select your music video folder and press Y and it should start playing the first then move on to the next file on the .

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Thanks not a bad workaround but it is not really ideal (I'm wanting to use MP over Nero Home which does keep the same play approach for Video and Music).

I'd like to have a consistant I/F for the Wife & Kids - it would not detract from any other funtionality to have the Video menue behave just like the Music one. I'd now have to map the "Y" key to a seperate button on my Universal Remote, and get the Wife & Kids to remember that to play music you press the "Play" button, but for Video you press the mapped Y button then got to playlist and then press "Play".

Thanks
Nathan

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
The reason for this is probably because MP has a feature that if video files are named: <video name>_cd1.mpg and <same video name>_cd2.mpg, then it will play them one after the other. (I think that's what the suffix is).

This caters for people who aren't as organised and lump multiple movies into the same folder. Hence if your feature req was implemented, it would break this.

That said, feel free to lobby people and see if they agree with you - its a relatively easy change for the devs I think.

I don't use the video part much, so I can't really comment on this in depth, but it sounds like your method is better as it means that the behaviour is consistent across MP.

Sam

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
December 31, 2005
Scotland
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I just thought of a way to do this better than using a playlist.

If you add the folder that has your music videos to the my music shares then add the file type (eg .avi) to the my music file types. Media portal should play the videos inside of my music just like my videos except it will go onto the next file when the current one is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom