Playing VOB files (1 Viewer)

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Hi, thanks for trying to help:)
I have just scanned them in - but does not recognize them on the IMDB database (I have only labeled it as test for now) - My .avi file played before I scanned it so don't think that is the problem.
It's got to be the way I have it configured to play .ifo files -
Do you play .ifo ripped DVD files/folders by chance?
Maybe it is some codecs or something I am missing???

yes, I am using straight rips. I am using anydvd-hd. Do you have some type of backup software that removes encryption from your rips? You need that or you will only be able to play them in pdvd.

I have a bunch of family home movies, that I made into dvd's and ripped on the hard drive. They do not match any movies, but I entered a title for them and a description then saved in the editor. They play just fine. It's just a setting you've missed somewhere.

Clipsey

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Yeah I am using DVDShrink which I believes removes all the unnecessary encriptions. Think I'll try AnyDVD later and see if that is any better.
It's so strange as what I'm asking it to do must work because others have it working :( Rip a dvd with DVD shrink, label the 'Video_TS' folder 'sample movie' or whatever, label it in the database - click on the file/folder in MP to watch it or externally launch PowerDVD.
However all mine does is either looks inside the folder and shows the contents OR just has a movie poster (of the movie I labeled it as) and when I click on it - nothing happens.
It's starting to stress me out lol - the player and codecs must be working as when i click other movies (that are not 'video_TS') they launch PowerDVD no problem.

Should I re-install everything then go for a step by step guide (even though I have technically done this) - there must be something.

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
try changing the log level to debug (config - general - on bottom) and play a rip, post the log. You have pdvd set as both movie and dvd player in both sections in config?

Clipsey

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Hi,
Tried the above and still could not get it to work - so after spending too long on that method I have been searching around and now going to try .iso method.
Guess what - it doesn't work haha - well this one is a lot closer!! I have Daemon tools installed and that works great with PowerDVD outside of MP. It's trying to get it to work inside of MP again. Here goes......

Crusty

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
also want this to work, since i have alot of musicvideos in .vob. But it seems like no one cares about this problem. Every 6 months i download MP to see if they have fixed it.. but noooooo. Would be great if it worked, MP with mvid database plugin seem to rock!

odonnghaille

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    im in the same boat as you guys, i rip the movie using dvd shrink to my movies directory, when i launch MO an go to my movies, I click on the title and nothing happens. Onlsy one of eight movies work for me. They all run fine in powerdvd.

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    I have movies ripped in dvd shrink which play no problem... I have them in the folder structure of Film Name/VIDEO_TS and i also have an empty AUDIO_TS folder because some apps wont play dvds without this... I noticed in the thread some people rename video_ts to the movie name which could be the issue becuase most apps look inside the movie folder for a video_ts folder so maybe setting up the folder structure like mine might solve the problem...

odonnghaille

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    using powerdvd as my navigation, video and audio decoder now, I've can watch my films as of now.. BUT its displaying subtitles on every video as default, i cant get rid of the them :confused:. And when i use ffdirect show post processing too i get some tearing in the movie.

loinbread

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm having trouble with this too. It's a load of garbage. I have no clue why the AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS DVD-style structures have helped others. They have no effect for me! MediaPortal just freezes whenever I try to play an IFO REGARDLESS of ANY settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom