Playlist for photos? (1 Viewer)

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello the world,

Is it possible to create playlists of photos to watch them...

For example photos will be on folders : Year/Country/Event/And Name of files (with P1_P2_P3_... where P1 = Person)

Then I would like to do a playlist of all photos with P1 from any folders.

It would be so good to do that because I will scan all my paper photos since before 1930 :roll:

I hope it will be possible. Thanks.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you looking for a "playlist" to allow a slideshow? Or are you looking for a playlist for music which would go along with the slideshow?

Eitherway, the answer is no.

But, if you just want to play music while the pictures in a folder are running through a slideshow, then rename your music file (it must be in the folder of the pictures which will be in the slideshow) to the name "folder" and keep extension (must be music format which will play in MP and it is in the music extension list).

So if you have .wav in your list of music extensions a ripped music file that has been renamed to "folder.wav" (w/o quotes) in the same path as the slideshow it should work for you.

Mangavin

Portal Member
    August 1, 2006
    Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mzemina said:
    Are you looking for a "playlist" to allow a slideshow?

Yes it is...

If I watch a simple slideshow by folders... It's like papers photos album. Except that is on tv.

If I could do "playlists" of photos then I use the real potential of a computer...

Is there difficult to do a plugin ? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To develop a plugin for MediaPortal requires knowing C# you can start here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=7917

Maybe after you try a couple of C# simple applications then take a simple plugin that has the source code to see how they do it along with the tutorial and then ask question on the plugin development section of this forum and when you really get stuck - get on IRC chat and ask the core developers. It is open source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom