Playlist with absolute paths is showing no ID3-Tag (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
First of all I have seen that there is a known bug with the almost same problem but with relative paths
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-showing-id3-tags-in-now-playing.97982/page-2

I have already posted my problem there but I get no answer. I hope you can help me by this thread.
All my files are tagged with ID3 and the playlists contain absolute paths. In the NowPlayingScreen I get no ID3 info, only if I click on "search for lyric" and then go back, then it appears. But if I click on next track, the problem appears again until I click on "search for lyric".
If I start the music by playing a single file from a folder, everything works well with ID3 info.

Attachments

• playlist_view.jpg
    playlist_view.jpg
    319.2 KB
  • NowPlayingScreen.jpg
    NowPlayingScreen.jpg
    511.2 KB
  • playlist.zip
    705 bytes
Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I see the issue. The problem is that the playlist code is very old and has a number of issues:
    • It tries to read tags from database
    • If file does not exist in database it creates a MusicTag instance empty values
    • Music Overlay code picks up item and only reads tags from file where no MusicTag exists
    • MusicTag does exist therefore it displays the values in the MusicTag instance (all empty strings)
    Not sure it is a simple fix but if you add the tracks in your playlist to your database you will get tagged values showing up. This is why it is broken for relative playlists (it is doing the lookup based on filename)

Can you please try the attached?
    Rename the existing Windowplugins.dll at C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows and put this one in it's place

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see the issue. The problem is that the playlist code is very old and has a number of issues:
    • It tries to read tags from database
    • If file does not exist in database it creates a MusicTag instance empty values
    • Music Overlay code picks up item and only reads tags from file where no MusicTag exists
    • MusicTag does exist therefore it displays the values in the MusicTag instance (all empty strings)
    Not sure it is a simple fix but if you add the tracks in your playlist to your database you will get tagged values showing up. This is why it is broken for relative playlists (it is doing the lookup based on filename)

Can you please try the attached?
    Rename the existing Windowplugins.dll at C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows and put this one in it's place

If I change the dll-file with your attached one, I get a black screen after MePo started but I can hear the clicks if I press up or down only the screen is missing.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    If I change the dll-file with your attached one, I get a black screen after MePo started but I can hear the clicks if I press up or down only the screen is missing.
    Um Odd. You are using 1.3 yes?
    Just to make sure something did not go wrong before I have rebuilt this again. Please try with this binary

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
      438.1 KB

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, jameson_uk you saved my day. It works now with playlists too for me.
    As I installed MePo for the first time, I downloaded the current version and it was 1.3 beta.
    It is not bad but I have still one little problem. If I open for the first time a playlist, then above the ID3-Tag of the nextr track there should be the text "Next track", in my case "Es folgt" but it doesn't appear. If I hit the button skip track, then it appears for all other tracks. The problem is only with the first track.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    If I open for the first time a playlist, then above the ID3-Tag of the nextr track there should be the text "Next track", in my case "Es folgt" but it doesn't appear. If I hit the button skip track, then it appears for all other tracks. The problem is only with the first track.
    Which skin and which window? Could you post a screenshot?

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    StreamedMP skin in the NowPlaying screen. Missing_text.jpg is when I start the playlist for the first time and with_text.jpg is when I hit next track and then skip back to the previous track.

Attachments

• missing_text.jpg
      missing_text.jpg
      550.2 KB
    • with_text.jpg
      with_text.jpg
      551.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom