PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - XXX.avi - skipping track! (1 Viewer)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 SVN 16673
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 1.0
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Intel P4 530, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
    HDD: Samsung SP1614C (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
    Memory: Micron Tech. 1024MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM
    Motherboard: Asus P5L8L (P1-P5945G/P2-P5945G)
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel Lakeport-G i945G
    Motherboard Bios: AMI (10/26/06)
    Video Card: Intel GMA 950
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.4864
    Sound Card: AD1988B @ Intel 82801GB ICH7
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.1.4570
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-USB (Stick)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts Rev.1524
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow tryouts Rev.1524
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
    TV: ATEC 37" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Hi all, I've decided to post this bug report to try and get some help. Over the last few weeks I've had a problem where MP won't play some avi files. Now the problem is rather random as sometimes it won't play files that I know have played before and sometimes it won't play files I haven't played before. Every one of these files plays correctly in WMP 11. Restarting MP sometimes help - the file that wouldn't play does play, and sometimes it doesn't. Restarting the htpc also sometimes helps. It's extremely frustrating because I can't track the problem to a particular file. I've attached the log files, the fact that I'm using Monochrome as my skin doesn't seem to have an affect because I get these PlaylistPlayer errors even when using B2. All my files are stored on a network in mapped folders ie: Kids Movies\movie.avi.

I don't believe its a codec/driver problem either, but I could be wrong. As I said all of these files that randomly don't play, play fine in WMP. I've tried a fresh install of windows and MP 0.2.3.0, everything starts out ok, but eventually the PlaylistPlayer errors start appearing again. I've tried running 0.2.3.0 stable for a while and SVN - it doesn't make a difference :(. I have searched the forum and found posts about similar problems, but no conclusive answers,

Any help would be appreciated, I'm willing to help out with whatever tests/suggestions you guys have - I'm really at the end of my wits now :(....

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Probably a problem with graphbuilding. Did you use the testtool to get a image of the graph? It says how to do this on the front page.

btw unable to play xxx.avi? :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi

Just a comment, do you have the pixelfusion plugin installed for WMP, as this causes various video filetypes to intermitantly not play.

Man2a

December 23, 2007
    Same here. I've just uninstalled MP and installed it again as RC3. Now I cannot play ANY avi anymore.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I had a few .avi's that wouldnt play for me either.. I used mpv to decode mpeg2 files, and I had ffdshow installed(so it was used for postpr, but I hadnt selected it for that with MP config). When I swapped mpv with dscaler all my files played correctly. Still using ffdshow to postpr.

It does sound like you got a different problem but you can quickly test this so maybe its worth a shot?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The problems i have had with MPV\Gabest is the codecs take over your system, over riding setting in MP, personally do not install them.

Usually uninstalling them repairs this, check with Filmerit and if neccessary reinstall FFDShow Tryouts and Haali media splitter.

Cheers

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi

Just a reminder to everyone, apparently svn's reinstall MPV\MPA codecs, this may be where issues are arriving.

Will try and get this confirmed with the Dev's, next few days, if it is will try and see if there is a alternative option that may be applied.

Cheers and Merry Xmas to All.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom