"playlists" in MediaPortal for Video and Audio (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
is there any way to create a "playlist" in mediaPortal on-the-fly by selecting multiple video or audio files, then select play, then have the selected ones all play? I dont want to have to actually create a permanent playlist, I want to be able to at any time select any number of files and have them play back-to-back

FOr example I have alot of music video files, I like to just go in and pick 15-20 of them, any order any artist etc, and have them play. no presets needed, just select whatever and play.

I currently use myHTPC which allwos me to select multiple videos or audios, which adds them to a Queue, then you can elect to play the entire queue. no need to create a "playlist" like in WMP, you just basically select in real-time and say "go"

Patrick

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

just mark the file you want to add to the queue and hit "y" or the YELLOW-button on the remote. This adds the file to a playlist and starts automatically playing, when you add the first title.

Hit F1 to switch between playlist- and file-view. Or use the playlist-button.

HTH, Flip.

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    still learning the software, not sure how to "mark" a video file. do I press "y" instead of "enter" or "mouse-left-click"??

also does this mean that the files will begin to play as soon I select the first one (and if so how do I select subsequent ones if the first auto-starts)? or do I "mark" all of them and then do something to start the queue/playlist?

Patrick

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi it starts with the firstone you send to the list.
    and there is also a button to switch between normal and playlist view.
    (look in the setup programm at keysettings. quickest way to find all mainfeatures :) ).

BUT i was not able to build a playlist including music (mp3) and videoclips (mpg,avi etc). It looks like mp builds 2 seperatly becaus by swichting between mymusic and mymovie the items in the playlists are staying, but each group in its own.

Having a lot of viedeoclips by myself it would be a nice feature to have a melted one so i could mix some videoclips and some mp3 in one playlist.

but i think it would mean a big rewrite of a lot of stuff because on the mp3 side of the story alone there are some standards (m3u etc) to consider.

greets garion

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    I myself am not interested in mixing audio and video. I will look into "marking" files when I get home. thats not good tho that it starts on selction of the first one, would be SO much better to be able to make your selections, then press PLAY and walk away...

patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom