playstation2 works but has 3 second lag (1 Viewer)

talon990

January 6, 2006
first off i wanna say thanks to all the devs who worked so hard on this program being as this is my first post.

with that out of the way i'm using sappire's theatre 550 pro tv tuner and i hooked up my PS2 using the component hookups via the breakout box.
and using MP 0.2 i can get everything to run properly but i get a 3 second lag from the time i push a button to the time the screen reacts. if i turn off timeshifting the lag is reduced to 1 second but it's still unplayable.

if anyone has a solution or a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
To do with the fact the tv card has to render the graphics first before displaying them on screen. Apparently if you have a hardware decoder card such as Hauppauge 150PVR it isn't an issue but haven't tried it so not sure!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Nemulate said:
    To do with the fact the tv card has to render the graphics first before displaying them on screen. Apparently if you have a hardware decoder card such as Hauppauge 150PVR it isn't an issue but haven't tried it so not sure!

Not true, this card and a PVR150 both feature hardware encoders. The reason you get the lag effect is because there is just under a second of delay associated with the video/audio being encoded and displayed on the screen. I know on the hauppauge card, there is a registry edit that can be done to temporarily disable the encoder but I cant help for the ATI card.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    MediaPortal in general is not really designed for timing critical AV input such as consoles. I would suggest just hooking it directly up to a TV, unless you need to, say, schedule recordings of your playstation games or something :)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Callifo said:
    Nemulate said:

Not true, this card and a PVR150 both feature hardware encoders. The reason you get the lag effect is because there is just under a second of delay associated with the video/audio being encoded and displayed on the screen. I know on the hauppauge card, there is a registry edit that can be done to temporarily disable the encoder but I cant help for the ATI card.

lol That's why I'm an entry user! But learning bit by bit :wink:

talon990

January 6, 2006
    nuts...i'm stuck in a dorm room the size of a large walk in closet and i have a desk and a bed and that's all that can really fit comfortably.....i also have a 21 inch monitor so a tv is out of the question

thanks for the replies though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom