Please help an Imon Pad user with his Harmony 555 (1 Viewer)

ellardoor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    why don`t you try that the Harmony emulates a MCE?

cellardoor

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    why don`t you try that the Harmony emulates a MCE?

cellardoor

Yes, that is what I would like to try. However, I don't know what settings need to be changed for that. Do I need to configure Imon to emulate an MCE? Do I need to shut down Imon and get an external IR receiver? Do I need to change anything in MP config? In short...Is there an instruction I can follow?

magao

Portal Member
    December 22, 2008
    Home Country
    In the iMON software you need to tell it to receive MCE codes. Everything else works the same - you map the buttons to keystrokes/macros/etc as per normal.

The major problem with this is that if you use the MiniDisplay plugin in MP to control your LCD/VFD, it loses the ability to receive MCE codes. So you get to choose between a useful LCD/VFD, or MCE codes. Plus you still only have the option of producing keystrokes.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the iMON software you need to tell it to receive MCE codes. Everything else works the same - you map the buttons to keystrokes/macros/etc as per normal.

The major problem with this is that if you use the MiniDisplay plugin in MP to control your LCD/VFD, it loses the ability to receive MCE codes. So you get to choose between a useful LCD/VFD, or MCE codes. Plus you still only have the option of producing keystrokes.

Okay, that sounds easy enough. I will try when I get home tonight. Which profile should i choose for my Harmony 555 in the logitech software to emulate these codes?

ellardoor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again and sorry to be late but I was on work.
    Just tell the imon software not to use imonpad but mce remote.
    In the profile for your harmony try something like:
    media center PC --> Microsoft --> MCE Remote

I didn`t tried that by now but I think it will work:D
    Just tell me wether it sadisfied you.

cellardoor

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just to clear things up:

there are tow kind fo firmware for iMON receivers: DOS or HID.

If you own a DOS device, then you can go with IRSS that works out of the box for both iMON PAD and MCE.

If you own a HID device, you need to wait a bit because I and belcom are working on a solution for getting it working to.

Simone

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, i just thought i'd chime in.

I have a Silverstone LC-16M which has the iMon VFD display. I'm not sure which firmware version it runs but i have Frontview working when Mediaportal is closed and when Mediaportal is open the MiniDisplay plugin takes over.

The iPad remote works flawlessly when MediaPortal is open and hence so does my Harmony 785.

I can't remember all the tweaks i did on the Harmony side of things but the main one was choosing the LC-16M device settings. The majority of things worked out of the box, but i think i had to map the red, blue, green and yellow buttons seperately. I use them to open TV, Moving Pictures, TV series and Music.

I set up an iMon.imo file with all my settings in there. (took me a while and a bit of help from others) You need to change some of the windows commands too to help things along. I can share this in a few hours when i get home if people want to try it out. Bear in mind you also need the Shortcut'r plugin and some settings set up in there too to get things to mesh perfectly.

Either way, i have all of my buttons on the 785 working in MediaPortal and there have been no major problems. I would never want to go back to the iPad because then i'd have to have the TV remote, amp remote and sub remote all out on the coffee table as well.

So far i've not had any troubles...

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Look in my system details, I have a SilverStone LC-20M an use IRSS with Harmony 555 as MCE device.

All works out of the box, no tweak necessary :p

Simone

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Simone, do you have a certain date that this might be happening... I'm just pulling my hair out as I upgraded to the new Antec case simply so I can use the Imon RM200 remote...

I know these things take time, just wondering do you reckon two weeks or two years :D

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom