Please help cant use leadtek Y04G0051 remote in mediaportal !!!! (1 Viewer)

flea007

September 24, 2011
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: standard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU Type: i3 530
HDD: :D 30gb raptor, x3 1tb W/D
Memory: 8Gb ddr3 :D
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
Video Card: Nvidia GT440
Video Card Driver: 280.26
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Leadtek dtv2300h
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: 1000w thermaltake
Remote: Leadtek Y04G0051
TV: LG 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection:

The problem I have is trying to get this bloody remote to function under mediaportal at all aside from mapping keys in the winfast config utility wich hardly works anyway.
I was previously using media center but found it a big buggy after forcing it to show and play .mkv files.
So I started searching and found media portal, I have tried the coolreceiver plugin but cant get it to work either.

If some one could possible give me a work around or even a step by step guide on what I need to download or do to get this working would be an awesome help. !!!! I miss watching my movies.

Thanks in advance.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Hi flea,

Have you installed the LeadTek drivers for the card, and also their WinPVR software? I think it's the WinPVR software that comes with a little utility that sets whether the remote is enabled or not .... so if you've only got the drivers installed that might not be enough.

You'll find various people in different threads who say use the latest drivers, some say use older drivers ... you may need to just do a bit of playing around until you find a driver version that's working right for you.

Have you read through this thread also? This is really the original thread for the current plug-in .... it has a lot of historical context with different guys talking about how they've got their setup working. One thing you can be certain of, though, is that unfortunately there's not really a "step by step guide" to getting the remote working, as it appears to be a slightly different situation for each different TV card and remote model. Also, google this utility "wf_remctrl" - it can be helpful in troubleshooting when trying to get the remote working.

Wish I could be more help ....

Cheers,
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom