Please help connecting video camera to MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
Hi all. I've searched all the posts and can't see what to do.

Set-up MP version 1.3.0
Two TV cards :
Analog : Winfast TV2000 Expert
Digital : Compro DVB-T300

Both cards have connectors to add-in external video source, such as a surveillance camera. My camera uses a phono plug and is just a component video - same as comes out of the back of most DVD players.

I'm happy to use either card to accept the video input.

When I use the software supplied with the cards I can see the video coming from the camera so the connections are OK.

But how do I get MP to display it? I'd like to add it as an extra TV channel but I can't find a way to do it that works.

I've tried adding a channel but have tried all the various options and none of them result in an image.

Thanks for any advice.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Try adding the cvbs/svhs in Mediaportal setup --> Television --> TV Channels, Add CVBS/SVHS (one of the buttons in the lower part).

Use the Mediaportal setup --> Television --> TV Channels Groups to make a new folder & add the extra channels there.

Regards
    Roy

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Thanks Roy but no real success.

I added the channels as you suggested.

Then I edited the channels and selected : External : Recieved by external settop box : and : Input via each of the 4 options.

None of the options worked. It produces a channel with nothing on it. When I change from a working tv channel to one of these new ones it just continues to display the tv channel.

I'm stumped.

Same behaviour with both the cards.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Not what you want to hear, but both of these cards are software cards (which arent supported). Whether they work (and work using video input) or not is just luck so you may be stuck at this point. I read this from another recent thread.

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    GRRR!!!

OK a new question, then.

Can any Aussies recommend a card that does allow video input (ie a hardware card I guess) that is available here in Australia.

I've seen several candidates but they were not available down under.

Thanks!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I went with a Hauppauge PVR-150MCE for this reason, has video/audio rca in as well as an FM radio. Only downside with the hardware cards is cost. From a shop about $130 I believe but ebay had them under $100 a while ago.

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Thanks Callifo.

Those cards are $157 to $174 on ebay now so you got a bargain.

Now I know what to look for. Ta.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom