PLEASE help! Strange problem, cannot watch DVDs (MPEG2) :-( (1 Viewer)

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
I have no clue what is causing my problem, can anyone point me into the right direction?!

I have installed PowerDVD6 and MP (0.2RC).

In PowerDVD I can watch DVDs in MP they freeze after some time (20min to 1h). Sound is continuing and I can also enter/exit menus and restart. But them again video freezes after some time..

I have checked everything I can think of. I definitly want to use the caberlink filters. Everything is set to overlay..

and as said before, it works in powerdvd. I also checked with TVcentral. Some results as with MP.

I checked hardware and memory. Is there any other stress test I can do?!

(XP Pro,SP2, nvidia fx5200.512MB,Athlon 64 2800)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What video card drivers are you useing? I had a very similar problem with viewing TV and it turned out my video drivers were at fault. I am now useing 77.79 MCE WHQL. I am useing them on WinXP pro with really good results. I got them at www.guru3d.com. Hope this helps you.

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
I tried different drivers.. none worked. The symptom is still the same..

After a while the video stopps, but sound continues. At that stage the memory usage starts to increase without limit..

I think somehow the communication with the video card freezes and it stops to playback the mpeg stream..

Can somebody help?

What can cause this? We reinstalled that computer a couple of times.. applied differetn drivers and tried with just powerdvd installed..

can it be a hardware issue? We are using the LC11 case with a 250w power supply.
Might this be to weak? (Athlon 3000+ with CnQ and FX5200)?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom