Please help with EPG question.. (1 Viewer)

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
July 12, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I am attempting to get MP2 going on three computers before July 29th and I could really use some help. I have followed all instructions to the letter that I could find. I am using SchedulesDirect for my EPG and have connected via XMLTV mc2xml. Everything has worked except my guide is 8 hours in the past. Saw another thread here that had same issue and was resolved in win 10 control panel. I have now triple checked control panel, cycled region from US Pacific time where I am to another and back doing restarts between all changes. Clock is correct on computer, clock in upper right in MP2 is displaying correct time and date, yet guide is still eight hours off. Checked SchedulesDirect files as instructed on their website and found no errors. Not sure what else to try. Hoping for quick response. If I can't get this to work, we may be staying in windows 7 with media center but would much rather step into the future with your product. Please help.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

P.S. Have tried uninstall/reinstall/repair at least 2x each

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe your EPG data is in "Greenwich Mean Time" instead of your local time zone. Could be 8 hours with ease...
    You can easily compensate this in the XMLTV plugin settings:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

You have to check "Apply time compensation..." and then enter 8 (or probably -8 did not know exactly as I never needed this) in the hours input field. Then hit "OK" and re- open the config tool. Now you can do a "Force Import" (takes some time) and have a look if your EPG now is correct or with 16 hours delay (that's why -8 or 8 can be necessary)...

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
    July 12, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you sooooo much for the help! I went and applied the time compensation, and the program seemed to seize up a bit. I fiddled a bit more, restarted the computer twice and now it seems to be right where it's supposed to be. Thank you, thank you! Now I just have to get used to how to operate the program....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom