Completed Please rate my shiny new HTPC/MCPC :D (1 Viewer)

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
It´s time to get a new TV - to avoid eye-cancer!
The psx emu could be implemented much better so you must only click on your selected game.
Keep your work up.

Storm

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
yea i'm trying to put the PSX emulator into the "My Emulators" plugin. I aim to get a HD Ready TV at some point, theres a nice Samsung 32" one for only £600 going! Pretty good price. Might sell my TV for £100 or so, then i'll just need £500 for my shiny new TV :D

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
You could also use myprograms for psx (waeberd did a great job in the past).
I´m using it too (ePSXe Emulator) and it´s integrated very good.
One click and the game starts.
if you don´t know how , I can post the setup for it.

Storm

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I give your HTPC a 7 out of 10. It's a nice system, I like the dark housing, but you lose points for using a VIA chipset and a non silent videocard.

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I give your HTPC a 7 out of 10. It's a nice system, I like the dark housing, but you lose points for using a VIA chipset and a non silent videocard.

the video card was very quiet, but recently the fan stopped working, so i took it off and cleaned it and repaired it and put it back on, but now its noiser lol. The bigger hard drive i've put in is louder too. I expect in a few months i'll upgrade the hard drive further to a silent SATA 400GB one.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That happened with my video card too. those cheep fans go pretty quick. I just removed the screws that held in the fan cover and took the fan right out and threw it in the trash. ;) Of course, my video card is an FX5200 so its fine to run it passively with just a heat spreader - Running a 6600 GTOC may be a bit harder to do without underclocking/undervolting it. :D

Good job none-the-less!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom