[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow (1 Viewer)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
September 12, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This stopped working for me in 1.6. I don't know why. When the plugin loads I just see the Titan wallpaper and nothing else. I tried uninstall/reinstall of the plugin but that didn't fix it. Please help me troubleshoot.
Check the log at c:\programdata\mpphotoslideshow

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Thank you for your reply. This is all I see:

3/8/2014 1:50:34 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures
3/8/2014 1:50:34 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow.OnPageLoad() - Pictures count 1563
3/8/2014 6:18:11 PM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures
3/8/2014 6:18:12 PM DEBUG MPSlideshow.OnPageLoad() - Pictures count 1563
3/9/2014 4:08:57 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures
3/9/2014 4:08:57 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow.OnPageLoad() - Pictures count 1563
3/10/2014 12:17:02 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures
3/10/2014 12:17:04 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow.OnPageLoad() - Pictures count 1563
3/10/2014 8:58:12 PM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This stopped working for me in 1.6. I don't know why. When the plugin loads I just see the Titan wallpaper and nothing else. I tried uninstall/reinstall of the plugin but that didn't fix it.
    Same here. All of a sudden only the Titan background is shown.

Thank you for your reply. This is all I see:
    3/8/2014 1:50:34 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow - Just finished loading horizontal and vertical pictures
    3/8/2014 1:50:34 AM DEBUG MPSlideshow.OnPageLoad() - Pictures count 1563
    Looks the same here, too.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    From MediaPortal-Error.log I see a number of these:

Code:
    [2014-03-16 01:23:40,497] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.

at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.Log.checkFileSize()

at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.Log.Debug(String format, Object[] arg)

at MPPhotoSlideshow.MPSlideShow.OnPageLoad()

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Could this be a clue? If you would like a complete log dump let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    From MediaPortal-Error.log I see a number of these:

Code:
    [2014-03-16 01:23:40,497] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.

at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.Log.checkFileSize()

at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.Log.Debug(String format, Object[] arg)

at MPPhotoSlideshow.MPSlideShow.OnPageLoad()

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Could this be a clue? If you would like a complete log dump let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Try just renaming or deleting the log file.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I'll be damned. That worked. What do you think happened to cause this issue?
    It appears I have a bug in my logging algorithm when the file grows to large

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Ok, cool. I'm glad you found the problem and look forward to a fix as I've grown to like your plugin.

I do have one feature request, if I may tell you. It would be great if there were a checkbox to enable/disable the text labels for all pictures. I have gone through and made all of the pictures text color #000000 so that they don't appear against the black background, but sometimes they still overlay other pictures bordres.

Thanks for your work!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom