[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow | Page 3

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by sccrgoalie1, September 23, 2013.

1. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Yes, it is present.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sccrgoalie1

sccrgoalie1 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Do you get any errors when you launch the configuration tool? You are doing this via the media portal configuration desktop application, not in the Media Portal user interface, right? What version of MP? It is called MPPhotoSlideshow in the plugin screen, it's not there disabled or something?

4. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    This is strange. I restarted MP Config to recheck, and now it is there! Perhaps I just missed it, but I did use a text editor to examine the mediaportal.xml file (because I wondered about the name) and search did not find "slide". MP itself had been restarted in the interim.

Sorry for the "false" report.

5. sccrgoalie1

sccrgoalie1 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Good news. The patch was just approved and merged to master for Version 1.6!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. geoffstewart
    • Premium Supporter

geoffstewart MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Great stuff! I've been following the dev thread. Thanks for your work on this and comskip changes, too.

7. sccrgoalie1

sccrgoalie1 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Version 1.6 Pre release of Media Portal 1 was released today which includes the ability to launch a plugin as a screensaver as promised!

• Like Like x 1
  8. geoffstewart
    • Premium Supporter

geoffstewart MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    I was having problems with this plugin as a screensaver, but managed to figure it out. I wanted to share it here in case anyone else ran into it.

The slideshow would start and go for a while. At some point, I'd get an exception and MP would have to exit to continue. See attached image. The logs in both mediaportal and the MPslideshow directories show nothing of interest.

I just looked at the file names and noticed a few files I had chosen were recovered from a drive with failures and the names were funny... started with "_" or contained [ or ]. It dawned on me that perhaps the XML config file could not handle these names.... I renamed the offending files and the plugin is working flawlessly now.

Thanks again for your work on this... It works great!

The only outstanding issue for me is that the screensaver kicks in when I watch Netflix using the NetflixAlpha plugin because it launches a separate player to render the silverlight controls. I'll ask that forum about it.

Cheers.

GEoff

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. geoffstewart
    • Premium Supporter

geoffstewart MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Hi there,

I've been using this a while now and I like it. Thanks for your work on it.

I may be in the minority, but I don't use the templates as you've designed the plugin. I seem to always be working around them. I disable all but the OneWidePhoto.

Would it be possible to have a simpler version of the plugin where you add the picture directories and simply displays the pictures from those directories... ignoring aspect ratio, cache, etc.

I would like to be able to add pictures to the directory and have them be added to the cycle without restarting MP.

I realize this is in fact a request for a different plugin :) If you are not interested, I understand. In that case, would you be willing to share your source so I could put something together?

Cheers.

Geoff

• Like Like x 1
  10. sccrgoalie1

sccrgoalie1 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    I could probably add a setting to add ignore aspect ratio. I actually wrote a service that watches the directories, but I just never got around to making one complete installer for the plugin and service. The MP2 version of this addin includes the service. You could install that to have it watch your directories without having to rebuild the cache. Source is available on Github, if you want to do something special for yourself.

https://github.com/sccrgoalie1/MP1PhotoSlideshow

11. mrceolla

mrceolla Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    This stopped working for me in 1.6. I don't know why. When the plugin loads I just see the Titan wallpaper and nothing else. I tried uninstall/reinstall of the plugin but that didn't fix it. Please help me troubleshoot.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!