[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow (1 Viewer)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
September 12, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi All,

I've developed a new plugin for Media Portal 1 that allows you to display a slide show of pictures in customizable templates. I'll also be submitting a patch shortly for Media Portal to allow you to choose a plugin as your "screensaver." EDIT: Good news, version 1.6 will allow you to have a plugin as a screensaver. Below is a link the the wiki page I created explaining how it works and how to get it setup.

Wiki Page
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/MP_Photo_Slideshow
Download Link
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/pictures/mp-photo-slideshow
Version History
1.0.0.4 - Updated templates to fix layout issues (WILL OVERWRITE EXISTING TEMPLATES)
- Fixed bug in the setup form that would cause templates to become disabled
1.0.0.3 - Changed settings locations - MUST REBUILD CACHE, if you already created some of your own templates you'll need to copy these from the C:\ProgramData\Team Media Portal\MPSlideshowTemplates.xml to C:\ProgramData\MPPhotoslideshow folder
-Photos now keep their aspect ratio and fit to a template based on certain aspect ratio ranges (see wiki)
-New setting to enable/disable a template if you don't need it (eg. new panorama template)
-Removed label position settings as these are now set programmatically (WIP - having a hard time getting these position right when keeping the aspect ratio)
-Default label color is now white as they don't appear on the photos anymore but rather below
1.0.0.2 - No longer allow overlay. Change timer calculation, so photos show at least as long as the value entered.
1.0.0.1 - Fix installer issue that wouldn't let you install on older versions of Media Portal
1.0.0.0 - Initial Release

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

This looks like a cool plugin. I've been looking for something like this in MP for a while. Thanks for putting it together.

I downloaded, and tried the install, but I get a compatibility issue that prevents the installation.

Any ideas?

Edit:
    I'm on MP 1.4. I manually extracted your plugin files, but it also shows up as incompatible in the MP config tool. Is this implemented to work in MP 1.4? If not, can you build one that does?

Cheers.

Geoff

mpslideshow-error1.png
    mpslideshow-error2.png

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cool. That works now, thanks.

Looking forward to the version that allows me to use this as a screensaver, that is the key feature for me.

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Small bug:
    The plugin config does not appear to let you change the template. If you change what template you want to use and save, it still uses the TwoTallOneWide one.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Small bug:
    The plugin config does not appear to let you change the template. If you change what template you want to use and save, it still uses the TwoTallOneWide one.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but the plugin does a random shuffle of ALL the templates available. There is currently no way to just select one template to use over and over again.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks great, I will try it very soon.
    Is it possible to create a template for very wide pictures (panoramas) with the possibility to let them scrolling slowly from left to right while they are fitting the hight of the screen?

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Looks great, I will try it very soon.
    Is it possible to create a template for very wide pictures (panoramas) with the possibility to let them scrolling slowly from left to right while they are fitting the hight of the screen?
    Unfortunately, animation will not be supported in the MP1 version of the plugin, as I haven't been able to find a good way to trigger the animation except on the first page load. It will be supported in the MP2 version at some point though. As far as support for panoramas go, I'm not sure the best way to handle this. Currently pictures are loaded based on whether they are horizontal or vertical. If we add a third category (panoramas), you really have to have a large collection of them to make it worthwhile. Personally I have thousands of photos but one panorama so it wouldn't work well at all for me.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately, animation will not be supported in the MP1 version of the plugin, as I haven't been able to find a good way to trigger the animation except on the first page load. It will be supported in the MP2 version at some point though. As far as support for panoramas go, I'm not sure the best way to handle this. Currently pictures are loaded based on whether they are horizontal or vertical. If we add a third category (panoramas), you really have to have a large collection of them to make it worthwhile. Personally I have thousands of photos but one panorama so it wouldn't work well at all for me.
    Yes, I have more of them ;-) My Sony NEX has a nice panorama automatic.
    If aninamtion is not possible what about scollling manually or do you have another idea about prasentation of panoramas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom