[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow (1 Viewer)

scouseman

Portal Member
August 20, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,
I am running your plugin on MP1.12
When I run the build cache, I am getting an error which will not allow the build cache process to finish.
Any ideas what is wrong
Cheers

Code:
25/08/2015 23:08:19   DEBUG         MPPhotoslideshow.SetupForm() - Error System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open MPPhotoSlideshowWatcher service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GetServiceHandle(Int32 desiredAccess)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
   at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.SetupForm.Save()
25/08/2015 23:08:24   DEBUG         MPPhotoslideshow.SetupForm() - Error System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open MPPhotoSlideshowWatcher service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GetServiceHandle(Int32 desiredAccess)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
   at MPPhotoSlideshowCommon.SetupForm.Save()

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am also having problems getting this to work on MP 1.12, no errors just a black screen!
    Any help would be much appreciated.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above I have per other posts in this thread checked the permissions on the MPPhotoSliseshow folder in Program Data, cleared the logs but still have the same problem. The attached setup log would appear to indicate a serious issue.
    Help would be appreciated.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin author was last seen in May 2015, therefore I would consider this plugin to be dead.
    @HTPCSourcer
    Is it possible to indicate that this and other plugins in a similar situation have died? Such that downloaders are aware in advance that support is no longer available.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to indicate that this and other plugins in a similar situation have died?
    Not really. All plugins are offered on a private basis by their individual authors. A good indicator is always to check on his presence in the forum, however, this is not excluding that the plugin or skin is being dropped shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom