[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Am i supposed to get weather icons on the home screen the same as we used to with the old default weather plugin? The data part (temperature etc) seem to work, but i get no images. Ive disabled default weather plugin and also unticked 'enable weather' in infoservice but still no luck?:

Yes you are. Please run MediaPortal in debug mode and post your MediaPortal log.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I've been playing about tonight with a replacement to the stock weather plugin (as I think many people are). I thought I had it all sorted with the new World Weather plugin, I had it set up for about 20mins. I've just tried out the BBC weather plugin and I'm sticking with this one! Very professional looking, and handy that it can take over the infoservice values.
    eetaylog, I'm also using the Avalon skin but I have no problems with the images and the current condition text and images. I've seen on the avalon forum that you're having issues updating to the latest version of the skin so that might be the cause.
    ramyad, I'm sure I had this problem before and I know it sounds odd but I'm sure a restart of the PC sorted it out for me.

btw thanks cheezey for this plugin, if I could make one comment is that in the avalon skin the forecast maps looks too small in the centre. i see that you've tried to keep it within the height of the fanart background but I think it would be worth either taking over more of the screen (maybe towards the right and down sacrificing the current condition info) or possibly making it fullscreen. just my thoughts anyways :)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    ibmonkey - thanks for the heads up, good to know its working for someone with avalon. Youre probably right about it being an issue with me having an older version of the skin, ill look into it.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Well ive now installed a fresh copy of the ;atest version of Avalon skni but im still not getting any weather icons in my home screen. Ive installed the plugin on 3 clients now, all with the latest Avalon and i get the same result on all of them??

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    cheezey

You need to update first post, no link to take you to latest version of plugin, and not showing up in the MP extension installer.

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    A little update as could not get info to show on home screen with Avalon, might save someone else some time.

Uninstall BBCWeather and Avalon, go to user files (link in MP config) delete everything relating to Avalon that is left from the uninstall.

Now install Avalon, then BBCWeather including Avalon skin files, open MPConfig, untick weather in infoservice plugin, disable MP's own defunct weather plugin, then configure the BBCWeather plugin location and select option to display on homescreen.

Now open Avalon config, remove default weather and add the BBCWeather plugin using single image, dropdown box will appear with weather default, now save.

You should now have the below picture, seems one of the avalon xml files left in user files was stopping this from displaying info, no matter what I did, it could not be corrected without doing the above.

10-55-38.png

HTH

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Anyone having display issues with the BBCWeather plugin see here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/813947-post48.html

Im getting no luck with this, i followed your instructions to the letter and uninstalled avalon and bbcweather, plus every single file that i could find to do with them in both user files and main program files, but i still get no weather icons in homescreen (i get the temperatures etc though).

Interestingly, when i reinstall everything i get the following errors:

error.jpg

bbcweather also seems to have remembered my location from where it was set in a previous install which suggests theres something that im not uninstalling correctly??

help! :confused:

EDIT: It doesnt work for me in default wide either btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom