[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Re: Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x

When running the MPEI, have you got MP and config closed.

Yes. btw, ive just gone into MPEI again and bbcweather isnt showing on my list of plugins even though its quite clearly installed on my system. It did the same thing earlier until i installed it again and refreshed the list.

think im going mad :mad:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Delete the BBCWeather.dll from here C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

Might be time to reboot after clearing out any temporary files from hard drive :)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    cheezey

You need to update first post, no link to take you to latest version of plugin, and not showing up in the MP extension installer.

Thanks

I noticed this too, but in the MP Extension Installer untick the option to only show stable releases. BBC Weather will now show, I think it's due to this being flagged as a beta release.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried rebooting after uninstalling and deleting EVERYTHING but still no good! bbcweather seemed to remember my location from a previous install again as well.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Moved posts to here.

Did you delete the cache folder contents, cannot find where cheezey has stored settings :confused:

Yeah i deleted both avalon and bbcweather folders in cache before reinstalling. Not sure where the plugin is keeping its settings either, but there must be some files left over somewhere because the plugin seems to retain my location after uninstalling.

Whats strange is that i dont get images in defaultwide either which does suggest a plugin issue (or more likely one of my settings somewhere seeing as youve managed to get it working).

I attached logs in the previous page btw, not sure if theres any pointers in there?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Its strange is that i dont get images in defaultwide either which does suggest a plugin issue (or more likely one of my settings somewhere seeing as youve managed to get it working).

I attached logs in the previous page btw, not sure if theres any pointers in there?

Well the logs did supply a pointer. I'm not sure of the root cause yet but it is because you live in Portsmouth. I updated my setup to this location and can recreate it. Now because I'm a helpful chap I have ran some other tests and found if you move to Bournemouth or further west or to Eastbourne or further east you'll be OK.

:)

Once I get hold of my laptop again I'll have a closer look.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Now because I'm a helpful chap I have ran some other tests and found if you move to Bournemouth or further west or to Eastbourne or further east you'll be OK.

lol! that's one way to fix it!:D

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Its strange is that i dont get images in defaultwide either which does suggest a plugin issue (or more likely one of my settings somewhere seeing as youve managed to get it working).

Well the logs did supply a pointer. I'm not sure of the root cause yet but it is because you live in Portsmouth. I updated my setup to this location and can recreate it. Now because I'm a helpful chap I have ran some other tests and found if you move to Bournemouth or further west or to Eastbourne or further east you'll be OK.

:)

Once I get hold of my laptop again I'll have a closer look.

You, sir, are a star :) :)

As you say, it works perfectly if i change it to bournemouth or eastbourne. Just glad for my sanity that youve found the source of the problem for me, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom