[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not for all the other residents of Portsmouth, wonder why this bug picked on them ;)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    The plugin uses the BBC URL BBC Weather | Portsmouth to get the data (348 = Portsmouth) if you follow that link you'll see that the weather summary is N/A on this. You'll need to contact the BBC to ask why.

For my location BBC Weather | Skipton you'll see that the weather summary is completed.

The plugin parses this file and interprets the summary and assigns a weather image to it from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\<skin>\Media\Weather\128x128 (and 64x64) - and there is an na.png image file in there which the plugin should set when the summary is N/A but for some reason I set a value of 99.png

So I can fix that. In the meantime you can copy na.png to 99.png in those folders to display the N/A image.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    How's the hair :D

Bald!

The plugin uses the BBC URL BBC Weather | Portsmouth to get the data (348 = Portsmouth) if you follow that link you'll see that the weather summary is N/A on this. You'll need to contact the BBC to ask why.

For my location BBC Weather | Skipton you'll see that the weather summary is completed.

The plugin parses this file and interprets the summary and assigns a weather image to it from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\<skin>\Media\Weather\128x128 (and 64x64) - and there is an na.png image file in there which the plugin should set when the summary is N/A but for some reason I set a value of 99.png

So I can fix that. In the meantime you can copy na.png to 99.png in those folders to display the N/A image.

No worries. Bournmouth is close enough for me until the portsmouth bbc pull their finger out :p

Thanks for looking into it for me.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Great plugin.......and good to have at the moment due to MP's weather feed problems.

I've tweaked the XML for MAYA (1366x768) under MP 1.2.1. See attached.

Hi all,

Had to tweak the above as the following code causes the min/max temp, wind speeds etc to NOT be displayed.

<control Style="NoShadow">

change to

<control>

Ian.

Attachments

• BBCWeather.xml
      57 KB

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    @ramyad, I'm sure I had this problem before and I know it sounds odd but I'm sure a restart of the PC sorted it out for me.

I've tried restarting, disabling InfoService (it keeps popping up saying I have to disable the wether service in IS and I have). Still no BBC Weather option on Home screen or in Plugins screen.

Is anyone else using this on StreamedMP and it is working for them?

Thanks
    Ram

EDIT: Updated to latest StreamedMP skin which has world weather plugin. Trying to get that to work as they are supporting it. Thanks.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Possible bug:

If you config for ABERDEEN you get 3 choices:

Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire
    Aberdeen Airport/Aberdeenshore
    Aberdeenshire/United Kingdom

If you select Aberdeenshire/United Kingdom then it crashes MP when you run up MP and try to display the weather.

Possibly related, if you select Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire then the stats that are actually displayed appear to be the ones for Aberdeen Airport........when I compared with BBC's webpage anyways.

And again as I mentioned before, if I config for Stonehaven then it displays as "Charlestown" in MP.
    If I config for Charlestown then it displays as Charlestown.

The North East of Scotland seems to be all over the place it seems.............:(

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom