Live a decent part of the country ;)

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I posted the BBC Weather Avalon files in the Avalon forum, unfortunately it looks like this was too late to get into the 1.0 release.

Get the file here. Unzip it into your Avalon skin folder.

If you install the BBC Weather plugin silently through the Extensions plugin then the optional Avalon skin files do not get installed. If you install the plugin interactively you can select the Avalon skin files for installation.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just update to avalon 1.0, unfortunately they replace the reference to the infoservice weather and replaced it with reference to the world weather plugin for the 5 day weather on the home screen and also the current weather image next to the time on all the screens.

Would it be possible for BBC weather to override the world weather data like it currently does for the infoservice data?

Fingers crossed it is! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have been looking at ways around this too, sadly have not found a solution so far, there are so few changes between 0.9.7.0 and version 1, that even going back, have not found a way of disabling update nag on basichome :(

Especially as all the updated skin files can be downloaded separately and its just the weather on home thats annoying, funny how you miss something when its not there.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    You can revert a couple of Avalon skin files to restore the weather on the home screens. See here.

I'll look at setting the World Weather properties as well as InfoService.

What we really need is a generic set of weather properties which all weather plugins can set, then the skinners could support them all.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    What we really need is a generic set of weather properties which all weather plugins can set, then the skinners could support them all.

Yes youre right, a common weather template would be the way forward. I get the feeling that the skinners are being pulled in different directions at the moment in trying to get weather functioning properly.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country

Yes youre right, a common weather template would be the way forward. I get the feeling that the skinners are being pulled in different directions at the moment in trying to get weather functioning properly.

Yep, that's my thoughts too. I would definitely show my support for this

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Can i make a suggestion for a future release, that the plugin contains nighttime icons for the homescreen.

I was thinking how weird it was last night that i had a bright sun icon in the top right of my homescreen when it wsas pitch black out! I think the old native weather plugin had various moon images for night time, maybe something could be done with that?

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Can i make a suggestion for a future release, that the plugin contains nighttime icons for the homescreen.

I was thinking how weird it was last night that i had a bright sun icon in the top right of my homescreen when it wsas pitch black out! I think the old native weather plugin had various moon images for night time, maybe something could be done with that?

+1 :)

I would also like to see this, I know when I tried out the worldweather plugin this had sun/moon variations of the weather depending on the time of day based on your latitude/longitude. I'd guess you could get away with using the same sunrise/sunset times for anywhere in the UK as the variation isn't going to be loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom