[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The plugin already does this (or attempts to) based on a hardcoded time of 8pm I think. I'm in the process of updating to accommodate the changes made by the BBC to their weather site (and hopefully before they switch their old stuff off) so will look to improve this feature. Hopefully there will be a BBC supplied sunset time for each location.

Whilst on the subject does anyone know what the world weather plugin displays on the home screen if you have multiples locations configured? I am adding support for multiple locations in the next version and am wondering what to set.

:D

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
The plugin already does this (or attempts to) based on a hardcoded time of 8pm I think. I'm in the process of updating to accommodate the changes made by the BBC to their weather site (and hopefully before they switch their old stuff off) so will look to improve this feature. Hopefully there will be a BBC supplied sunset time for each location.

So are you saying that it attempts to switch to some kind of night-time mode but cant because certain icons are missing from the install folder?

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Sounds great cheezey. It may be that we're noticing it as the nights are short, I'll check mine after 8 tonight just out of curiosity.

I think worldweather just uses the first profile for the home screens/time icon.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Is there any chance of having a configurable delay between the map screens?

I find the time lapse weather maps change too fast :(

Thanks,

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Is there any chance of having a configurable delay between the map screens?

I find the time lapse weather maps change too fast :(

Thanks,

J.

this is set as a skin property, look for <timeperimage> near the bottom of BBCWeather.xml in your skin folder.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Its strange is that i dont get images in defaultwide either which does suggest a plugin issue (or more likely one of my settings somewhere seeing as youve managed to get it working).

I attached logs in the previous page btw, not sure if theres any pointers in there?

Well the logs did supply a pointer. I'm not sure of the root cause yet but it is because you live in Portsmouth. I updated my setup to this location and can recreate it. Now because I'm a helpful chap I have ran some other tests and found if you move to Bournemouth or further west or to Eastbourne or further east you'll be OK.

:)

Once I get hold of my laptop again I'll have a closer look.

Cheezey, any news on this? I still cant get weather icons in homescreen for Portsmouth, so im having to use winchester.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I also checked the other day around 10pm with the same daytime logo showing.
    Also (unless it is just me) can we get smaller icons for the next 4 days to show on the home screen, above the day and temperature? I'm sure I've seen this with the world weather plugin.

Thanks

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    Hi, I would love to use this plugin but it doesn't support StreamedMP, any chance it could be developed to be used with StreamedMP?

Kind regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom