[Plugin] CentralizedDatabase (2 Viewers)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Due to my Group Policies, I have done this before. But I don't find the option in MovingPictures or MPTVSeries, to change the database location path.
    Is this possible or should I just create a network-share on my Master-PC?
    Unfortunately I had no time to look in the MoPi/TVSeries-Forums how to change the db-path. If this is too complicated, I'll just create a new share. Master-PC is my TV-Server. So the TV-Server will always be turned on, when using a MePo-Client-PC. Or does the standby of the TV-Server conflict with coping the databases?

They have to be copied after the Client wakes the Server up. This is sth. I don't know. And this is the reason, why I wanted to put the DBs on my Win-Server.

Thanks

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Due to my Group Policies, I have done this before. But I don't find the option in MovingPictures or MPTVSeries, to change the database location path.
    Is this possible or should I just create a network-share on my Master-PC?
    Unfortunately I had no time to look in the MoPi/TVSeries-Forums how to change the db-path. If this is too complicated, I'll just create a new share. Master-PC is my TV-Server. So the TV-Server will always be turned on, when using a MePo-Client-PC. Or does the standby of the TV-Server conflict with coping the databases?

They have to be copied after the Client wakes the Server up. This is sth. I don't know. And this is the reason, why I wanted to put the DBs on my Win-Server.

Thanks

Hey King-S.

Nice to hear that you want to try out CD plugin.
    I have an idea regarding moving pictures / mptvseries database location.
    (Please note that i also have not searched the forums because lack of freetime :p)

Why not use ntfs junction/symbolic links for the .db3 files for your master htpc?
    See here: http://superuser.com/questions/244562/how-to-mount-a-network-drive-to-a-folder
    This example shows how to map an network UNC path to an local folder.
    Ill think this should also work for single files.

So you can use your NAS (networkshare), and put all the needed "master" htpc dbs via junction links on it.
    With this solution your master htpc must NOT run 24/7 and you can add new stuff on the master htpc.
    On all other clients you can install CD plugin and set the corrisponding .db3 file as source in the config dialog.

Please let us know your results
    pOpY

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Popy,
    can you tell me were I can found the newest Version of CentralizedDatabase?

Currently I update my Media Center to MediaPortal 1.22 unfortunaly the mpe1 installerer File will not work. :-( The Installer give me an Error /see attached Picture)

Because the installer will do not work I unpack the plugin to install the Plugin manualy. After I install CentralizedDatabase manualy its seems its work whisout problem.

A zip file whis all needet fils I attached on this message.

My questionis now, can someone confirm "CentralizedDatabase 0.64" works whisout problems whis MediaPortal 1.22, or have I to test "CentralizedDatabase 0.64" again bevor I can use it whis MediaPortal 1.22.0.

Thank you for your help,

Entdecker

Attachments

• centralisation.PNG
      centralisation.PNG
      23.4 KB
    • CentralizedDatabase_0.6.0.4.zip
      79.5 KB
    Last edited:

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Dear Popy,
    can you tell me were I can found the newest Version of CentralizedDatabase?

Currently I update my Media Center to MediaPortal 1.22 unfortunaly the mpe1 installerer File will not work. :-( The Installer give me an Error /see attached Picture)

Because the installer will do not work I unpack the plugin to install the Plugin manualy. After I install CentralizedDatabase manualy its seems its work whisout problem.

A zip file whis all needet fils I attached on this message.

My questionis now, can someone confirm "CentralizedDatabase 0.64" works whisout problems whis MediaPortal 1.22, or have I to test "CentralizedDatabase 0.64" again bevor I can use it whis MediaPortal 1.22.0.

Thank you for your help,

Entdecker

Dear Endecker.

thx, for your findings.
    Sadly, i did'nt have an MP centralized setup any more, so i cant test anything.
    When it works 100% for you with manual installation, maybe @ajs or someone else can raise the supported versions?

pOpY

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Popy,
    Thank you for your answert. I am sad to here that.

I use anything else for years, because i'm tired of the constant new purchases of equipment that is old when you buy it. I hope you are using MediaPortal furthermore?

Unfortunaly I am not a developner so I can not help. I hoppe realy a new develoner will found. @ajs do you use "MP Centralized Database" also?

Yesterday I try "MP centralized database" will not work here. I hope the problem is that I have currently only one HTPC that running whis MediaPortal 1.22.

Give it some other user that currendly use "MP centralized database" ?

Entdecker

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Sorry, i don't use Mediaportal anymore.
    Ditched all of my HTPCs, because they are to work intensive.
    Now running two AndroidTVs with kodi+emby addon as frontend and DVBViewer MediaServer + Emby as backend.

Hope anyone will pick up development on this.

pOpY

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello popy,

sorry my late answert. Yes I know what you mean. however, when I see the flexibility, this compensates me again and again to use a HTPC :)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hello popy,

sorry my late answert. Yes I know what you mean. however, when I see the flexibility, this compensates me again and again to use a HTPC :)

Yeah, i also know what you mean.
    In the past i have upgraded my HTPCs several times:

SD -> HD -> 4K

And the nice thing about it.
    But servicing is not so nice :)
    WIndows Updates, Backups, MP, Kodi Updates...

Since now i am Happy with my AndroidTVs Play Store is handling the updates and with DVBV & Emby as Backend + Kodi & Emby as Frontend is a really nice Setup.
    Sorry for OffTopic.

Maybe i am comming back one day to MP.

Happy new year.
    pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom