[Plugin] CentralizedDatabase (1 Viewer)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    10 seconds to boot and to see the windows 7 desktop.
    With start of mediaportal (including sync all data with centralizeddatabase) is about ~30secs.
    In my case my old lg tv also takes 10seconds to show any picture, so first thing ill see after pressing power in my harmony is the windows desktop ;)

ill think 30 seconds to boot is acceptable also for our womens o_O
    my experience with suspend/resume was not so good in the past, since a cold reboot everytime i had no issues.

I am on windows 7x´ 64.

pOpY

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    10 seconds is awesome.

I have just tested it.
    I need 45 seconds until I see the desktop.
    And after 2:30 minutes I see the MP main screen.

How did you do that? :)

I have a Windows 8 working PC and this boots really fast because of Windows 8.
    But with Windows 7 I have never such a good boot time.

And at least MP needs ~ 1:30 minutes to start!

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I haven't done anything special! Look at my system specs from the HTPC in sleeping room. This is the one I have posted boot times today.

But also my other HTPC (living room) boots fast like the other.

I'll think it has to do with your ad cpu, chipset or SSD. I am just using Intel

pOpY

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK cool setup. 30 seconds is really, really cool!
    I think I will try to optimise this :)

Are you satisfied with your DVB-C tuners?
    They are really expensive but is it worth the price?

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

I'm about to try CentralizedDatabases this weekend. MPSync doens't work for me either - (Continously hung at "Waiting for background threads to finish...").
    I installed this plugin and took a quick look at the settings.

No matter which Database-Type I choose, I can't choose a destination folder. Only the Source-Dir is selectable. Did I do something wrong?

I'm talking about my master-pc.

Did I understand it correctly: I add Movies and Series at my master-pc via GUI or outside MP. Then, CeDa copies these databases to the Dest-Dir (which I can't choose right now), other PCs sync it from Server to them. If this is correct, then in master-setup I must not check "Copy Dir/DB at startup (This overwrites local data)", must I?

btw: I'm using all latest versions.

Many thanks in advance!

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You don't need to select a destination folder. CentralizedDatabase knows where the database is on the local machine.
    You have to choose only a destination folder if you select "Folder sync".

You have to install the CentralizedDatabase on your second PC for example.
    Master PC with database, no install.
    On Second PC install and configure. The source is the "Master PC", the destination is blank because it is always the local one.

Hope it is now clear.

For example my setup:
    Master PC with TV Server and MP (Singleseat).
    On the second PC I have installed Centralized Database and choosed as source the Master PC folder and database.
    As destination none because the program knows where the database is located on this PC.

After turning on the second PC it is syncing from the "Master PC".
    If I watch a movie on the second PC and the movie stops it is synced back to the "Master PC".

So there is no need to install "Centralized Database" on the Master PC if you have such an setup.

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your answer.

Yes it's clear now. But I just wanted to use the windows server as datasource. So I have to tell MPTVSeries and MovingPictures, that they should store the database at a network drive (or UNC path). But I think in MovingPictures this is not possible. Do you have a hint for me? ;)

I just wanted to avoid that the tv server has shares set up. Therefore I have my WIndows Server.

Thanks.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK if you have a own windows server as datasource you have to install it on Client 1 and Client 2!
    Both configured the same. Source is always the Windows Server with the datasource and destination is none (always local).

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So I have to tell MPTVSeries and MovingPictures, that they should store the database at a network drive (or UNC path). But I think in MovingPictures this is not possible. Do you have a hint for me?
    Map UNC Path to Same letter on all computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom