Plugin Creation (1 Viewer)

juvinious

Portal Member
December 20, 2004
Hong Kong
Well after toying around for a while now I finally got my plugin to show up and it works great. I've made some progress on my shoutcast PLS downloader and I should, hopefully, have something showable within this week or next.
Here is basically an outline of what I plan to incorporate in the setup:
- Select All/Various Genres
- Allow up to 5-10 or so Custom Genre Search
- Amount of PLS files to Download per genre (I'm not sure if Shoutcast still has daily limits)
- Order by Bitrate, # listeners, Discription and append numbers to file according to order
- Save file name with station name (optionally append bitrate)
- Saves files to specified directory (or media portal directory default)
- Choose whether to include all files in one directory or catagorize in directories by genre

After that is complete I will add an option to automatically update by given day/hour variable.
This is actually my first project using .net and using C# and I'm learning as I go. I couldn't figure out how to implement the IsetupForm in C++, so I am doing it in C#. Which is lending itself conviniently for the tasks I'm doing. Thanks again earlier for your help with my initial probems.

[edit]
Oh yeah, Tomtom I don't think it's possible to get mediaplayer to display the tags for the streams. You would probably need to use an external player like winamp to get that. Or write a program to sniff out those several bytes of info and write it to a buffer and display it with mediaportals id3 tag reader (I think). It's definetely worth having but my energy is focused on getting pls files on my hard drive from shoutcast. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom