Plugin development: MP code documentation? Plugin extension points documentation? (1 Viewer)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

is there some development documentation anywhere that covers more than the wiki? Class diagrams? Package diagrams? Big picture overviews? For a beginner in MP / plugin development life is really hard. ;)

I am at the beginning of the development of a new very simple plugin, but the documentation I found is not very complete in my opinion which ends up in a lot of trial and error loops.

I'm hoping that you can point me to some more information. :)

Thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP is a typical legacy app... What code documentation there is does not always match reality and there are lots of areas with no documentation at all. There is no real API for plugins to work with so a lot of development is unfortunately trial and error :(

Start off with http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/6_Plugins/Plugin_Developer's_Guide

The GUIControls demo is a good starting place to understand how to interact with MP. Also look at other plugins (most are open source) to see how they do things.

If you have specific questions just ask and someone will probably have an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom