[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (6 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Am pleased to advise that DVDArt Plugin V1.0.2.9 is available for download from here.

This version contains a fix to background scraping issue. Thanks to @D3ltoroxp for assisting in testing the fix.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wish you Merry Christmas M3rcury.

I have one quest for the fake cd part of your plugin ? Is this only working manual ? Or is there a way that your tool make this fake disc automaticly when no other disc is found ? That would be awesome.

EDIT::

How the plugin is naming the backdrop files ? Is this naming from your plugin ?

tt0087363

or did your plugin naming the file so

{Gremlins.2.-.Die.Rückkehr.der.kleinen.Monster-1990} [-1852063117] ??

OK your tool naming the files tt0087363 but for another tool that can creat fake cd automaticly the naming should like this like the original from movingpictures.

{Gremlins.2.-.Die.Rückkehr.der.kleinen.Monster-1990} [-1852063117]

So i have too different wishes, maybe you can change your output naming or you can add an option for automatic fake cd creation. Its only an wish no must to do.

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Wish you Merry Christmas M3rcury.

I have one quest for the fake cd part of your plugin ? Is this only working manual ? Or is there a way that your tool make this fake disc automaticly when no other disc is found ? That would be awesome.

How the plugin is naming the backdrop files ? Is this naming from your plugin ?

tt0087363

or did your plugin naming the file so

{Gremlins.2.-.Die.Rückkehr.der.kleinen.Monster-1990} [-1852063117] ??

OK your tool naming the files tt0087363 but for another tool that can creat fake cd automaticly the naming should like this like the original from movingpictures.

{Gremlins.2.-.Die.Rückkehr.der.kleinen.Monster-1990} [-1852063117]

So i have too different wishes, maybe you can change your output naming or you can add an option for automatic fake cd creation. Its only an wish no must to do.

@D3ltoroxp. DVDArt also generates fake DVD images but at the moment I opted to keep it manual so one can adjust the image for better quality result, but there is an option where one can select to generate fake DVDs for all movies missing a DVD image. If you go to Movies missing Artwork tab and press left mouse button, you can select the option Use Cover Art for DVD Art and if movie has a cover art, it will generate a DVD art from it. If one wishes to do this automatically, I can see to add am option for it later on.

Any artwork downloaded by DVDArt is named with the IMDB ID, hence yes e.g. tt0087363. This is very convenient as in skin, one can always refer to the movie artwork with the same id.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you go to Movies missing Artwork tab and press left mouse button, you can select the option Use Cover Art for DVD Art and if movie has a cover art, it will generate a DVD art from it
    This is not work for me i can click select/edit cover art and make an dvd disc. But with your way it dosent work.

But when you can add an automatic option for creating dvd art from backdrops this would be awesome. The mepo tools did this also and it looks great, maybe alwas the center of the backdrop.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    This is not work for me i can click select/edit cover art and make an dvd disc. But with your way it dosent work.

@D3ltoroxp, let me have a look into this... it used to work in the past and the plugin has gone through so many alterations and I didn't re-test all the functionality :p.

EDIT: Found the issue... a silly mistake from my end :D. Will get this fixed in the next release which I hope to have out soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom