[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (1 Viewer)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    DVDArt_Plugin_enabled.png

DESCRIPTION:

DVDArt is a new plugin that scrapes fanart.tv for DVD cover art for you movie collection in MovingPictures. In turn, with as small change in movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml, these can then be displayed as shown in the images below. By the way, the DVD image rotates :D

00-29-55.jpg00-30-10.jpg00-30-28.jpg
    • the data driving the scraper is taken from MovingPictures and MyFiles, hence any corrections, (mainly missing IMDb IDs) need to be corrected in MovingPictures.
    • images are downloaded from Fanart.tv site. I recommend that you visit site and help out by uploading any DVD images you might have/come across so that we all enrich its content, resulting in scraper finding more images to download.
    1. Movies with DVDArt, ClearArt, ClearLogo, Banner, Backdrop and Covers shows movies which scraper successfully downloaded an image.
    2. Movies missing Artwork shows movies which scraper could not find any/some images.
    3. Actors, Writers and Directors photos.
    4. Series with ClearArt and ClearLogo shows series which scraper successfully downloaded an image.
    5. Series missing Artwork shows movies which scraper could not find any/some images.
    6. Music Artists with Banners and ClearLogo shows artists which scraper successfully downloaded an image.
    7. Music Albums with CDArt shows albums which scraper successfully downloaded an image.
    8. Music missing Artwork shows artists and albmums which scraper could not find any/some images.
    9. Importer shows list of itmes which are currently being imported.
    10. Settings display the plugin settings.
    • the import function for new movies executes automatically in the background, so you don't need to trigger it manually.
    • each tab has a number of functions which can be triggered by pressing the right mouse button. In Movies with DVDArt tab, pressing right mouse button gives the facility to Refresh DVDArt from Online. This option download all images available and allows you to change the existing image chosen. In Importer tab, pressing the right mouse button will Restart the Importer, hence if changes were done in MovingPictures, you don't need to restart application. In Movies missing DVDArt tab, the right mouse button presents 2 options. The first one sends the currently selected movie to the importer, which the second sends all the movies missing DVDArt to the importer.
    For MovingPictures to display the downloaded images, attached find a MOD'ed movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml. The MOD is clearly marked by <!-- m3rcury : Rotating DVDArt -->.

HOMEPAGE:

Press here to go to home page.

ISSUES/ENHANCEMENT REQUESTS:

Please log your issues/enhancement requests in the issues tracker.

COMPATIBILITY:

Mediaportal 1.14.x, 1.15.x, 1.16.x, 1.17.x

DOWNLOAD REPOSITORY:

Press here to go to the download repository.

CHANGE LOG:

DVDArt Plugin v1.0.3.6 (Fixed issue with download person image due to change in return value from api.)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.3.3 (Changed repository for Studio logos and fixed issue with import reported by @conguero23)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.3.2 (fixed issue with actor download as reported by @conguero23)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.3.1 (fixed issue with backdrop and cover downloads from themovedb.org)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.3.0 (fixed background scraper issue)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.9 (fixed background scraper issue)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.8 (GUI enhancements and addition of Movie Banners)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.7 (minor enhancements and compatibility with Fanart.tv new API)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.6 (bug fixing in manual artwork upload as reported by @Remoteglen)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.5 (compatibility with new fanart.tv api)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.4 (compatibility with MediaPortal 1.8.0 and bug fixes)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.3 (full compatibility with MediaPortal 1.6.0 and added support for MyVideos)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.2.0 (added usage of ClearLogo when creating DVD Art and downloading of Actors, Writers and Directors photos)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.9 (added MovingPictures Cover Art downloading as well as compatibility with MyFilms plugin)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.8 (enhanced MovingPictures Backdrops downloading)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.7 (minor enhancements and bug fixing)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.6 (added functionality to view current MovingPictures Backdrops, download new ones and replace the existing ones)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.5 (further enhancements and bug fixing)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.4 (further enhancements when creating DVDArt manually as well as catering for download of Music banners, clear logos and CDArt.)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.3 (enhancements when creating DVDArt from cover art. You can add titles and logos!)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.2 (Compatibility with MediaPortal 1.4.0)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.1 (added English as a 2nd language for artwork + ignore missing artwork for unchecked scraper items {requests by fischy667})
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.1.0 (small fix to allow anyone abort the import by pressing the close window icon "x")
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.9 (minor bug fix)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.8 (enhanced the usage of Cover Art as DVD Art by offering possibility to adjust image position for best conversion into DVD Art)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.7 (added properties for #TVSeries.ClearArt and #TVSeries.ClearLogo and minor cosmetic enhancements)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.6 (added functionality for TVSeries and usage of Cover Art as DVD Art, plus other stuff as well)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.5 (added default language for importer and facility to manually upload artwork and preview it as well)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.4 (minor bug fixing and Setting screen)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.3 (added support for ClearArt and ClearLogo)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.2 (minor bug fix)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.1 (added new features)
    DVDArt Plugin v1.0.0.0 (stable initial version)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

To install execute the MPE1 found in the download repository and then goto the MediaPortal configuration screen choose Plugins and then under Process, search for DVDArt Plugin to start scraping manually or else allow scraper to run in the background from MediaPortal.

Attachments

• movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml
      11 KB
    Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Looks good but here does the xml file need to be put? Maybe have the file put in the right place automatically on the next release??

Iceman89610, it is difficult to include the xml code in the release since it has to be adapted according to the skin one uses. I attached it here for anyone to refer to in order to amend his/her current skin. The xml in question can be found in the skin folder and it is rather easy to amend, just use notepad, copy and past the section as indicated above.

If you need further details, please ask.

Thanks

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Last edited:

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @m3rcury

Thanks for your work, my first bear.

have little problem.
    if I create manually one missing DVDArt and in the folder "FullSize" (<- by now a thumb generate) depositing, not recognizing the plugin (original IMDb ID ;) ).
    only at the store in "Thumbs" folder, is DVDArt recognized - but remains in a large image

sorry . . . google translator - hope you understand? :sleep:

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Its not obvious where to copy and paste the code into the existing xml file ?

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it comes to missing (which I insert manually in the original folder) - existing or to be displayed correctly

EDIT:
    should be in the "Full Size" folder are recognized - then create thumb

Attachments

• dvd_art_3.jpg
      dvd_art_3.jpg
      116.6 KB
    • dvd_art_2.jpg
      dvd_art_2.jpg
      118.7 KB
    Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    it comes to missing (which I insert manually in the original folder) - existing or to be displayed correctly

EDIT:

mrbonsen, reason for still appearing missing is that for speed, it checks the images in thumbs\MovingPictures\DVDArt\Thumbs to see if the movie has DVDArt or not. Try putting a copy in the thumbs folder and it should come up as found. Ideally in the thumbs folder, images are not large (200x200 is the size downloaded from fanart.tv).[DOUBLEPOST=1349114292][/DOUBLEPOST]

wizard123, it all depends where you want the image to appear. In the case mentioned in first post, I opted to put the change in the fanart list view. If you have a specific xml you want to amend, send it to me and I'll update it for you if that helps.

Regards

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Its g

EDIT:

mrbonsen, reason for still appearing missing is that for speed, it checks the images in thumbs\MovingPictures\DVDArt\Thumbs to see if the movie has DVDArt or not. Try putting a copy in the thumbs folder and it should come up as found. Ideally in the thumbs folder, images are not large (200x200 is the size downloaded from fanart.tv).[DOUBLEPOST=1349114292][/DOUBLEPOST]

wizard123, it all depends where you want the image to appear. In the case mentioned in first post, I opted to put the change in the fanart list view. If you have a specific xml you want to amend, send it to me and I'll update it for you if that helps.

Regards

Its great thanks i sussed it after a few minutes i was reading your post too fast lol, i am building it into the skin i am working on " OnePortal " is that ok with you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom