[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (2 Viewers)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Nice work, looks totally cool.
    Hope that it will get integrated in MovingPictures and skins.

ukscarface

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    nice one dude...

ukscarface, from a very quick go I had with the skin, I think that the best place to put the change is in movingpictures.Info.xml. I have amended the version with the skin and am attaching it here for your reference together with a screenshot of how it looks. The change can be located by searching for <!-- m3rcury : Rotating DVDArt -->.

View attachment 112108

I think that the developers of the skin can come up with a better place but from my little knowledge of the skin (15 mins max :D) that is where I could place it.

Give it a go and see how it looks.

Regads
    Looks the tits! well done mate, and thanks for doing that! nice one!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A cool feature (especially if this makes it's way into moving pictures) would be allow the scraper to auto create a disc image for movies that do not have one available on fanart.tv. The scraper could use the existing poster image and just mask it using a templete png file.

Example below

dvd.jpg

Most movies have multiple posters, so you could mask the poster that moving pictures is not using to make the disc image

Example below

dvd2.jpg

This would mean that every single movie in your collection could be displayed with a disc image, even the movies that don't have a disc image available on fanart.tv

To further advance this you could do the following
    - Scraper detects whether the movie in the database is HD or SD and uses a bluray template for HD and a DVD template for SD movies
    - Multiple templates available, scraper picks one at random so that discs don't look too similar between movies that have missing disc images
    - Maybe use the fanart background for creating the disc image rather than the dvd poster

dvd3.png

Last edited:

Moviejunkie80

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2011
    Malters
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have created a fanart.tv compatible CD cover, but I can do it with the size is not easy. The file size is still too large. Did you give me an idea, how do I make the size smaller.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You need photoshop, goto their website and download the template located in the tutorial section. I think that if you can't change the file size then it is probably beyond your ability to create an image that fits their guidelines + standards. If you scanned a CD cover maybe you can upload it to the fanart.tv forums and someone else with photoshop skills can create the cd cover.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Use file -> save for web & devices, then choose the appropriate format ( I assume they want PNG-8 or PNG-24, but you have to check with the website). This is really off topic, you should probably start a thread on the fanart.tv forum, as this is not related to this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom