Plugin for Netflix with Play now Support (2 Viewers)

futilemind

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have started work on a replacement plugin for the existing netflix plugin located at.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/netflix-manager-v2-0-w-play-now-support-34588/

We were holding discussion about development of the new plugin in the old thread, but it was confusing to new members that had to read through 23+ pages of post to get the full story.

Features:
1. List DVD Mail Queue.
2. List Instant Queue.
3. List Recommended Titles.
4. Search netflix for movies.
5. Play instant movie titles.

Future Features:
1. Movie Trailer Support
2. Add Items to your DVD mail queue.
3. ? -Based on user feedback.

The plugin uses the new netflix api to access content from netflix consistently without having to screen scrape so it should not break as easily as the old plugin as we are using the supported netflix methods.

You also dont have to get your netflix shopperid cookie and store it in the app as it actually authenticates to netflix via the api.

Please note: The plugin is still under development and it will be a while before a release is possible, but i want to get feedback on the features so far and the dev path as we go, and possibly encourage other members to contribute help.

Thanks
-Fmind

Attachments

• MainScreen.jpg
    MainScreen.jpg
    49.6 KB
  • MovieDetails.jpg
    MovieDetails.jpg
    14.9 KB

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Sweet, first response in the new thread! Well just want to say with enough support from users and developers this plugin will become the next must have alongside Moving Pictures and My TVSeries. I wish you luck and cant wait for the first release.

MPPug

January 12, 2007
Home Country
This plugin will be a great benefit for anyone who uses MP and Netflix!!!! My family can't wait.

Thank you for your efforts.

czy cooter

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
hey futilemind, this looks incredible! This is going to be a great piece of functionality for MP. Thanks for picking this up!

futilemind

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
I just wanted to let you all know im still working on the plugin but will have to stop dev work and posting on the forum for about a week or two.

The motherboard on my laptop went bad and I am currently waiting for repairs to be completed by HP.

I will check back and answer questions as soon as I can.

Thanks
-Fmind

woodchuck

Portal Member
September 1, 2008
futile, is there fresh code for the plugin in SVN at all?

I really just want to be able to watch instantly and don't care about anything else. I mean I can mess with my queue on my PC, my media PC is for watching movies.

futilemind

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
woodchuck,
Sorry but i have not put anything into svn as the watching portion of the plugin has not been implemented.

I am mainly working on getting the queue to work and getting the api to provide what we need.

Currently the challenge is the handling of a series vs a movie.

Thanks
-Fmind

BobMysterios

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
futile, is there fresh code for the plugin in SVN at all?

I really just want to be able to watch instantly and don't care about anything else. I mean I can mess with my queue on my PC, my media PC is for watching movies.

This is basically my exact feelings as well.

Thanks for making this plugin - should be very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom