Plugin for Netflix with Play now Support (1 Viewer)

DJTachyon

Portal Member
April 11, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Man I really would like this... the old one doesn't work very well on non-widescreen TVs, and I can't get the play it now function to work yet ... not sure what I am doing wrong.

Keep us posted with progress and let us know if you could use a hand! :D

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    subscribed! I too a big Netflix user. and if you can add the ability to search, then add movies into our queue, that would be great!!! (I've been using iPhone's PhoneFlix add-on to search & add my queue)

DJTachyon

Portal Member
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Well I seem to have found out why the old one doesn't work anymore.

Netflix now uses Silverlight, and Silverlight breaks the old NetflixManager. If you don't install Silverlight, everything works except actually viewing video :p

Now we wait for FutileMind to bless us with his brilliance! :D

futilemind

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    DJTachyon,

Sorry about the delayed response but as specified in a previous post my main machine is out for repair.

Unfortunately this means dev work is kind of on the back burner till my machine is received back.

As far as silverlight goes. If you have opted in to use silverlight you will for the time being be unable to watch movies with the old plugin or this one.

The mediacenter plugin for netflix actually plays the WMV movie stream, and it this point i think we will be doing something similar.

I have not had time to research a workaround for silverlight at this point as my account is setup for WMV playback.

Maybe someone with a silverlight profile can provide help with this in the future.

Thanks
    -Fmind

DJTachyon

Portal Member
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Actually .. I found out all accounts are being converted over to Silverlight. Like it or not.

And all new accounts are being FORCED to Silverlight, there are no options.

I just signed up this week, and there is no way to get out of it. Guess I just have to wait for you or get you to send some source code our way!!

futilemind

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    DJTachyon,

Sorry to hear about the fact that they are forcing new members to user silverlight.

I am willing to take a look into working something in the future for silverlight if members with silverlight such as yourself are willing to provide me with info.

Thanks
    -Fmind

DJTachyon

Portal Member
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    I will do what I can to help, but I don't think it will be long until you are forced into the same corner...

Better figure it out sooner than later when you get switched over!

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Same here, they force silverlight for playback. Also, would be useful to get some instructions for account setup and the latest link, I downloaded it but the instructions are different than what you indicated at the start of this thread.

THanks

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I think everyone would be willing to help with this plug-in most anticipated. How soon will there be a working version with API and silverlight support. Just curious. Let me know what I can do to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom