plugin for the website wwitv.com? (4 Viewers)

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
perhaps it has been discussed before in this forum, but wouldn't it be great to have a MP plugin that acts as a frontend to the website

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

this website collects all links to streaming tv stations worldwide.
it would be great to have a plugin in MP that allows me to navigate to the different countries/channels and perhaps have a recent/favorites list.

I don't think this would be too hard to code (?)
I never programmed in C#.

anyone?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I didn't know it existed! This would be so great to have!

As long as we are wishing - How about the following feature requests:
    Favorites
    Sticky for the Country (so don't have to scroll down to select each time)
    or maybe sticky1, sticky2, sticky3 then can select the stations from each of those list generated.

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2005
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I like the idea of it but i think it would be very very very hard to code

When you click on a channel you just go to its site not straight to the stream and some of the sites open the stream in a seperate windows.

i could be completely wrong and it would just take a very good coder.

Vulture

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    Nieuwendijk (NB)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think it's hard to code.
    if you select a country on the left side, you get a list of the channels from that country.
    In the list are four columns called >Website/Stream/Live?/Information<
    the website-column links to the website of the channel but the Stream-column has a direct link to the stream (unless the word website says otherwise) and even tells you what the bandwith of the stream is.

so a plugin only has to show the same list as the webpage does and perhaps leave out the links that don't have a direct stream.
    that's it.
    There is a plugin for the website called uitzending gemist. It's a dutch site where you can watch past television programmes from the public channels.
    I think this plugin would be very similar to the Uitzending gemist plugin.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    I like the idea of it but i think it would be very very very hard to code

When you click on a channel you just go to its site not straight to the stream and some of the sites open the stream in a seperate windows.

i could be completely wrong and it would just take a very good coder.

I think we are almost there. If someone who know how to code C# contacts "Dinkie" who made this site; http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/

I once coded a php backend which performed mysql searches and gave the output in a xml format. I think with his database the same can easily be achieved.
    Let me give a example.

Dinkie writes a page say mp.php which can be used with different actions like;

mp.php?action=getlanguages

The page will therefor perform a search and gives the output of all languages into a xml output.

The C# coder then only have to write some sort xml parser with different http request for getting the data. (This is even easier then for instance the trailers plugin or musicvideos plugin).

Then when all langueses are retrieved and the user select one, the next action can be taken like;

mp.php?action=getstreams&language=english

And again a xml output with all streams of that language and the information in different tags.

Looks easy and i know it is (the php - part) i once looked at C# but the best project i made was called "hello world"

So if a C# coder is interested and Dinkie is also interested, this can come together. I'm willing to help.

Vulture

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    Nieuwendijk (NB)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As I don't think that anyone will create this plugin in a while, I am busy creating one myself.
    I'm no C# coder (in fact, this is the first C# project I created), but I have experience with coding in VB.Net 2.0.

to cut things short, I used the code from the Uitzending Gemist plugin from Zipperzip and modified this to my needs (the fastest way I could think of...)

if Zipperzip is reading this, please give me your opinion on the fact that I re-used his code. Are you OK with this?

The basic functionality is working already. I need to fix some things before it's ready.
    It will be a very simple plugin.
    Just a list of streams from the selected country and a button to change countries.

But it looks like it works fine (al lease in the BlueTwo skin)

fdask

Portal Member
    September 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looking forward to trying out your work, Vulture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom