plugin for the website wwitv.com? (1 Viewer)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
hi.

The plugin appears to work great for watching TV, but I'm unable to pause or stop the TV stream once started. MP basically has no response once a stream has started, so I need to exit MP & then restart and choose a different channel - any clues??

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't understand.
Some of the streams support pause, but I tested some, and there are streams that don't support the pause option.
but stopping the stream and changing from full screen video to the menu and back works out of the box.

anyone else have this problem?

diaboluz

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Plugin works fine here, but i think it is a shame that it doesn't run widescreen, any plans on changing that or? I mean both the country menu and of course the streams... Else i think its very nice work :)

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
diaboluz,
what's the problem with the widescreen settings?
I don't use a widescreen skin, but if you can tell me what the exact problem is, perhaps I can fix this.
If the buttons and lists don't show up correctly, it should only be a matter of changing the skin xml file (it has exact coordinates for all the controls).

please let me know

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm going to try this when I'm finished working! Great stuff.
Maybe it's an idea to implement bookmarking streams as favorites in catagories. There are a LOT of streams there. I once took the effort to go thrue most of them to create a My Radio playlist. About 90% of the streams are not very intereseting.

Great job Vulture! It's about time something like your plugin was added to MP.
Using My Radio works perfectly, but it takes a lot of work/time to create playlists and maintain them. Well......more then I'd like. Also, it's confusing to new users to have to use My Radio to watch internet TV. Internet TV is the future television. So it deserves a independend part in MP. I think this can be a future standard plugin as long as it's written carefully and consistent from the start.

Using Dinki's site is a good idea to. It could be used like the Last.FM radio plugin.
( http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/ ).
A request of mine for the website is to have the possebility to add "friends" and be able to check their favorite streams. Maybe he will implement it in the future (he said he liked the idea).
Creating XML output won't be very difficult ofcourse.

A possebility would be to select the source for the lists of streams. On the other hand, that would make it a lot more complicated.

Just my 2 cents :)

diaboluz

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Hi again,
regarding the widescreen... When i run the plugin (looking at countries etc) it only uses arround 1/4 of the entire screen size and is polaced in the upper left corner, rest of the screen is black - and when running the streams they are only in 4:3 which means there are black bars on the lef and right side, but i guess this is the streams fault, not your plugins? :)

Could be super if you fix it to a whole screen at least when entering the plugin/slecting country and stream :)

Kind regards

jabnet

Portal Pro
December 16, 2005
Spain
Hey guys... I haven't checked forum a long time ago... now I find this plugin which makes exactly what I wanted when I begun collect Internet TV Stations playlists... and It's easier to all...
great work, vulture... I hope my post (Internet TV Stations playlists) have contributed with this idea.

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Diaboluz (and other wide screen users)
I think I fixed your problem with a new xml file.
I will upload the modified version as soon as I figured out how to change the file on the plugins website of MediaPortal.
I tested the xml file on the 'Steel two Wide' skin and I thing this will be much better....
I let you know if the changed file is uploaded to the plugins page.

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I updated the file in the downloads/plugin page.
I updated the version to 0.2.
The only thing that I changed is the added widescreen xml file.
more additions are on the way.

I guess the file has to be checked first before it shows up as version 0.2 on the download page. But that should happen soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom