[solved] Plugin: ImageSourceExtensions (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question... Can this plugin be used for Poster, Banner and thumbs too? The Background images are so smooth now that the rest of the GFX is too "hectic" compared to the background... And a Delay for Posters etc. while scrolling a list also would be a great thing regarding performance...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another question... Can this plugin be used for Poster, Banner and thumbs too? The Background images are so smooth now that the rest of the GFX is too "hectic" compared to the background... And a Delay for Posters etc. while scrolling a list also would be a great thing regarding performance...
    Yes it can be used anywhere where an ImageSource is used :), just wrap the source in the ImageSourceWrapper.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep. it's working like a charm... Must find a tool to grab a screen video to show how this is looking...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Developers what do you think, should we include this class into SkinEngine directly? Or let it be an own plugin?

We should decide this soon, before it is included in too many different places (themes, screens) and would be required to be changed again.

With the fanart source fix, this new wrapper class and the progress in skins I think this would create a good new base for another "X-Mas-Weekly-Build" ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    should we include this class into SkinEngine directly? Or let it be an own plugin?
    As long as it becomes part of the main MP2 installation this did not matter to me. Do whatever makes less work... But it had to make it into the main program instantly, because everyone who have seen this did not want to "live" without it any longer...:D

good new base for another "X-Mas-Weekly-Build"
    If you really want to make a nice X-Mas gift to me, please try to fix the BlueVision WorkflowManager issue that crashes MP2 client every now and then... This really is a nasty one and it is introduced some builds earlier (sadly did not know exactly when) so it's time to get rid of it...;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I might have written it before, it's not the WF manager itself, there is any task taking longer than the allowed timeout. In this case a log entry is created about "could not lock... maybe deadlock?". So the problem is to isolate the task that takes long. And there were no related code changes I can remember of in recent builds.

But as you have seen even big textures can make noteable changes to reaction times even if the code was not touched ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom