[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Erm....

What's that in English? lol

J.

I dunno how people even understand that stuff - I used to program many years ago in Cobol, Basic & even Assembler but this is all double dutch to me :-(

Now I ain't working, I wouldn't mind teaching myself some coding again, but no idea where to start - what language or any decent books for instance!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hehe grab the "How to make a mediaportal process plugin tutorial" and figure out how you would fit those lines of code in there :)

btw i misread the question and i assumed some prior knowledge of how mediaportal does the plugin thing :p

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Now I ain't working, I wouldn't mind teaching myself some coding again, but no idea where to start - what language or any decent books for instance!

Pick something simple you would like to make (and use) - this is your personal goal and safety net.
    Just start... if you don't know what to do next google it :) it works! ;)

Jay has given a perfect simple example to get one started ;)

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I understand the very basics (pardon the pun) of C#, C++ and VB - its just the nuances of MePo ;)

I'll let you know how I get one :D

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Not hijacking this thread (will start a new one), but I've got my first process plugin working :)

Getting my head around the intricacies of MePo was interesting! lol

J.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    @armandp did you change the latest movies option in the latest version of the plugin?

The missus says it has changed from Latest Movies to Latest Unwatched Movies? Makes it harder for them to rewatch the latest movies over and over as my kids are want to do!

Now, she may just be talking rubbish of course - I hadn't noticed a change as I rarely watch movies!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's correct you can still go to All Movies and sort on Date Added descending to get the listing you want.
    Next version will give you the ability to also remember Sort and Filter with each view. Bare in mind sorting and filtering works but is not yet very user friendly.
    Another feature i was thinking about is the ability to have user created views but i think that feature would be better implemented on the backend (so these views travel with you).

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Ok, will look at the sorting - it threw her, as on the other TV's we have Roku boxes, and they show latest added movies!

I think you are right about the user created views - I'd like to do as much config on the backend as possible, and may set up users to implement different things, but at the moment, 2 users suffice (one kids one, and one adult one)

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom