[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds good is there any documentation to explain the process, controls etc ?

the documentation... THAT's the part i still have to do ;)
    Keep an eye on the wiki pages over at: https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/wiki/_pages
    Ah ok well if you let me know when you have some i can look at adding support to OnePortal but i want to be able to display recently added movies, series, music etc like i do with latestmediahandler on the homescreen.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What would be the ideal interface for you to get that information? Asking because i would like to make this as easy as possible :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    What would be the ideal interface for you to get that information? Asking because i would like to make this as easy as possible :)
    Have you seen the latestmediahandler documentation ? the way LMH gives me the info to add to the skin is quick and easy but, LMH is limited to the latest 3 items where as i would like the ability to add say 10 favourite movies in a filmstrip type view on the home screen.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was already working on similar functionality for the dashboard window. Just need a couple of change to make it work from any window (skin actually) :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I'd love to see OnePortal with proper integrated Mediabrowser plugin support :)
    If this plugin is able to give me all this extended info that i am asking for then you may find a completely fresh skin being designed around it instead of moving pictures ;)

Main things are :

Filmstrip and coverflow facades that can display anything from 3 upto say 10 or 15 movies which i can place on the home screen or wherever i like. This would be available for movies, series or music.

Latest added movies, series and music information in detail so i can have say 1 latest added movie with the name label and description label placed wherever i need or have upto 10 of them available to add seperately instead of only up to 3.

Lot's of other small things but they are the main things i would like to see to push our skins to the sort of level ( information wise ) that xbmc has.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Consider your wish granted because that is also one of my goals ;) Thanks for your feedback
    Great i look forward to this then, i'd love to work with you whenever you need to get this going as soon as possible.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Consider your wish granted because that is also one of my goals ;) Thanks for your feedback
    Great i look forward to this then, i'd love to work with you whenever you need to get this going as soon as possible.

i just committed a proof of concept and it works, just need to work out the details. If you want to collaborate you can pull the the source code if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom