[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (2 Viewers)

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Fixed the problem by un installing Mediabrowser plugin and deleting leftover dll files in the main mepo directory and the plugins folder. Then I re-installed mediabrowser plugin.

Looking through the log, for some reason it was finding my MB server at 192.168.1.21 when in fact it was on 192.168.1.20

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
Ok, it has started not finding the MB server again. Is there any way to tell it where to look. I checked the mediabrowser plugin log and now it appears to be looking at 192.168.1.19/

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i will add a function to rediscover or manually set the server ip but by the looks of your problem the current work around would be to have your Media Browser server machine given a fixed IP address. Also a restart of MediaPortal after the ip of the server has changed should do the trick.

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    The MB server is on a fixed IP which is what is strange. I did have my ceton tuner tied into a NIC with the .19 address. I am not sure why MP is looking for the MB server there. I fixed it by returning the ceton tuner to the switch. However that is not my preferred setup.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok that is strange then.. it uses an UDP broadcast message to discover the server. The MB server will respond with it's IP and PORT.
    Maybe it's a problem on the MB server end? I will make sure to add a function for manual entry in the next version.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for this plug-in, I just started having a play with it today. In theory it would make much more sense to use this across 3 MediaPortal machines rather than maintain Moving Pictures and TV Series plug ins on all 3 machines.

I also like the idea of being able to maintain the one central database, and make custom changes to it via a web browser, probably from my laptop as that is just so much easier to do!

I have installed it on MediaPortal 1.6 final with Titan skin and notice that the 'technical details' box isn't working, and probably related, it doesn't always get the refresh rate changing correct - is this a known issue?

thanks

milli260876

Portal Member
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey Armand,

Great plugin! I noticed Media Browser has added live tv and chromecast.

Do you have any plans to integrate these into your plugin? Or is that even possible?

I've uploaded a couple of screenshots to try tempt you.. Cheers

Attachments

• 530bb29eee2e6_20140222003410.png
      530bb29eee2e6_20140222003410.png
      165.5 KB
    • 52d9e9650c909_52d499e7cad24_guide.jpg
      52d9e9650c909_52d499e7cad24_guide.jpg
      17.4 KB

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Still polishing the MediaPortal 1.6 / NET4 version of the plugin. Live TV doesn't have priority because well MP already has Live TV :p
    However i will try to add all features eventually if they make sense within the MediaPortal context :)

mayoman

Portal Member
    December 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Still polishing the MediaPortal 1.6 / NET4 version of the plugin. Live TV doesn't have priority because well MP already has Live TV :p
    However i will try to add all features eventually if they make sense within the MediaPortal context :)

For me, and I suspect a lot of UK/Irish users it is a priority;).
    WMC as backend has two major drawbacks compared to MePo:
    1. Depending on downloaded XML for Sky/Freesat EPG instead of DJBlu's Sky UK grabber.
    2. Single channel per tuner rather than full transponder. Irish Saorview channels are all on a single transponder, so the cheapest DVD-T tuner gives multiple clients with Mediaportal.
    Not to mention Microsoft's downgrading of WMC development and upgrading of cost with Win8....

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I think your talking about adding mediaportal tvserver to mediabrowsers backend instead of using wmc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom