[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (3 Viewers)

Lukemb

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yea we would like to have live tv integration. I'm a little tied up with other mb3 work so I'm looking for a new developer to help with that.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yea we would like to have live tv integration. I'm a little tied up with other mb3 work so I'm looking for a new developer to help with that.

Thanks, the reason I ask is that I've just bought a "Now TV" box which sounds as though it is just a rebadged Roku box. You can sideload Plex to it, so I'm assuming you'd be able to sideload MediaBrowser too. I'm looking for a viable low cost mediaportal client to play live TV, and stored Movies/TV Series that are stored/streamed from my main living room Mediaportal PC.
    If this could integrate live TV, then it sounds like I would have a great solution.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country

Thanks, the reason I ask is that I've just bought a "Now TV" box which sounds as though it is just a rebadged Roku box. You can sideload Plex to it, so I'm assuming you'd be able to sideload MediaBrowser too. I'm looking for a viable low cost mediaportal client to play live TV, and stored Movies/TV Series that are stored/streamed from my main living room Mediaportal PC.
    If this could integrate live TV, then it sounds like I would have a great solution.

We have a Roku app in production. It is currently in private beta but will be public very, very soon.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/13689/need-roku-testers

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country

A member of our internal test team is also trying out our Roku app on a Now tv box, so there's a good chance that will work out well.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Nice job Armand. Is there a screenshot gallery?[DOUBLEPOST=1376231674][/DOUBLEPOST]And just to give skinners an idea of the amount of data available for things like movies (and other items), see this screenshot of the upcoming Media Browser Theater:

Notice all of the tabs. There's also a soundtrack tab that will show up if you have the movie soundtrack.

Untitled1.png

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

This is looking really good! :)

At the moment I can only see Movies through the plugin - even though I have TV Series and Pictures (via the MB Photos plugin) setup.

Do you have a "current/to-do" list?

Many thanks,

J.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The issue section for this plugin at github is the main "todo" list. You can also add feature request and bug reports over there if you'd like.
    My first focus is to complete everything for the movie types after that i will add the others like TV Series and Pictures.
    I'm still looking for a skinner that can bring a more distinguished look to the plugin.

@Lukemb screenshots are coming ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom