[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does that include the problem I mentioned a couple of posts up :)

Its been hard managing without this great plug in.

Thanks in advance

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I have been using the plugin once in a while for testing and never stumbled upon an issue.

The only thing holding me back from using it as standard plugin for movies/TV shows is that I always have to go through the submenus to get to TV shows or movies --- in example: select MB-Plugin -> TV-Shows -> Shows to get to TV shows.

I think it would be of a great addition to configure multiple instances on the Homescreen of MP which directly tune to TV-Shows or Movies.

regards
    stephan

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I have been using the plugin once in a while for testing and never stumbled upon an issue.

The only thing holding me back from using it as standard plugin for movies/TV shows is that I always have to go through the submenus to get to TV shows or movies --- in example: select MB-Plugin -> TV-Shows -> Shows to get to TV shows.

I think it would be of a great addition to configure multiple instances on the Homescreen of MP which directly tune to TV-Shows or Movies.

regards
    stephan
    It is possible, but you have to define it yourself in the basichome-skinfiles:
    https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/wiki/Skin-Parameters

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok thx. I kinda hate editing config files, but i seems to be the onlin solution as for now.[DOUBLEPOST=1417527652][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi

Does the plugin work with direct access to media when path substitution is configured - I want to avoid transcoding if possible (1 GE, AMD 6700 APU is powerful enough)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So MediaBrowser seems to be crashing MediaPortal on me.

With the plugin enabled, I get regular out of memory errors which lock up media portal. Switching off MediaBrowser plugin in MP Config stops the errors.

Any thoughts? On MP 1.9.0 client, Windows 8.1

Thanks
    Yup, I had the same.

MP 1.9 on a client with the MediaBrowserplugin installed gave me repeated .NET errors which crashed MP, and also pretty much crashed the Desktop/task bar as well.
    Once MediaBrowser was uninstalled MP returned to being 100% stable.

That's not good. I've kind of come to rely on MediaBorwser as it's a neat solution to organising media in a mixed-client environment (XBMC on Macs & MediaPortal on Windows). Might have to migrate to Xbmc until this gets resolved :-(

Did you report this anywhere or is there anyone looking into the issue?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/net-error-in-mp-1-9-0.128360/
    At first I thought it was a 1.9 issue, and I trolled through all the MediaBrowser pages and couldn't find anyone else having issues ... so just presumed it was my system.

Since removing MediaBrowser on the client (still have the server installed on my media server machine) the client has gone back to being 100% reliable.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry I missed this. Is this resolved?

We have been tightening our api security so this is why you were seeing that.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Is the plugin compatible with other standard skins? I am asking because the Titan skin is not going to be maintained anymore - at least that is what I recall from the last changelogs.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am asking because the Titan skin is not going to be maintained anymore
    Minor but important correction here:
    The Titan Extended skin isn't maintained anymore, our default Titan skin will still be maintained ;)
    It might need some extra XML files (for example from Extended, to support more plugins), but Extended is still working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom