[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (1 Viewer)

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MrCrabs, I asked that question because in the screenshots, there are no databases listed, hence it cannot be that there are databases in the selected folder.
    Sorry for leading to misunderstandings. I made these screenshots from work with no access to my server. So probably this is the error in the screenshots. So, to make it more transparent what is working and what not:

Setup:
    #1: Server (FritzNas)
    #2: Main Client (HTPC with TV-Cards in)
    #3: Minor Client

Working:
    Start a video file on #2, stop at 10:00 minutes and resume it at 10:00 minutes on #3

Not working:
    Start a video file on #3, stop at 10.00 minutes and resume it at 10:00 minutes on #3

Just to be sure: what should be the sync directions. I guess I have set it up wrong. Should it be always from client to server (meaning from #2->#1 and from #3->#1)?

For setup tips look at the first page (of this thread) under "SUGGESTED SETUP:"

Do you have an installation of MPSync on both #2 & #3?
    If not you most have.
    If you have, then it should be:
    #2 -> #1 AND #1 -> #3

(Correct me if I'm wrong m3rcury)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Do you have an installation of MPSync on both #2 & #3?
    Sure I have.

If you have, then it should be:
    #2 -> #1 AND #1 -> #3
    This is exactly how I have set it up. But this leads to my decribed situation (no resume time sync between clients; only from #2 to #3 and not the other direction).

Should this be possible at all?

Ill think this is currently impossible (@m3rcury: correct me if i am wrong).
    There must be a mode which sync in both directions and just takes the newer entrys.

#2 <-> #1
    #3 <-> #1

pOpY

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the direction is only for database and thumbs ant NOT for whatched status, this should work in any direction. I had that working before but can't tell when it stopped working.

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Scrounger, sync task is done through the plugin itself, no other plugin intervention. What this plugin does is that if you use the triggers option, triggers will be created in the other plugins databases to record changes in tables. These changes are then read by MPSync and copied over to the target database.
    Ok you use triggers for database changes.

But is there also a trigger that watch on folder changes?
    Background is, i write a server plugin that downloads images to a local path. If its finished, these files should be synced to the clients. At the moment i just start after this Snyctoy per command line. Using your plugin would be a better way :)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I think the direction is only for database and thumbs ant NOT for whatched status, this should work in any direction. I had that working before but can't tell when it stopped working.

@The_Stig, @barneh, @popy, @MrCrabs.

MrCrabs is correct. Watched status works in all directions irrespective of database sync. You need to allow the necessary time for it to propagate from one end to the other. E.g.

Refresh rate on both #2 and #3 is 30sec.
    Watching movie on #2.

#2 -> #1 (30sec) then #1 -> #3 (30sec), so a total of 1min.

likewise the other way round.

#3 -> #1 (30sec) then #1 -> #2 (30sec), again a total of 1min.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Scrounger, sync task is done through the plugin itself, no other plugin intervention. What this plugin does is that if you use the triggers option, triggers will be created in the other plugins databases to record changes in tables. These changes are then read by MPSync and copied over to the target database.
    Ok you use triggers for database changes.

But is there also a trigger that watch on folder changes?
    Background is, i write a server plugin that downloads images to a local path. If its finished, these files should be synced to the clients. At the moment i just start after this Snyctoy per command line. Using your plugin would be a better way :)

Scrounger, from inside MediaPortal, MPSync will initially compare the folder contents and sync anything that mismatched, then it will start a monitor on the folder. Any change to the folder will immediately be synch'ed.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MrCrabs, I asked that question because in the screenshots, there are no databases listed, hence it cannot be that there are databases in the selected folder.
    Sorry for leading to misunderstandings. I made these screenshots from work with no access to my server. So probably this is the error in the screenshots. So, to make it more transparent what is working and what not:

Setup:
    #1: Server (FritzNas)
    #2: Main Client (HTPC with TV-Cards in)
    #3: Minor Client

Working:
    Start a video file on #2, stop at 10:00 minutes and resume it at 10:00 minutes on #3

Not working:
    Start a video file on #3, stop at 10.00 minutes and resume it at 10:00 minutes on #3

Just to be sure: what should be the sync directions. I guess I have set it up wrong. Should it be always from client to server (meaning from #2->#1 and from #3->#1)?

The setup for this should be:

#2 -> #1
    #1 -> #3

The issue you are encountering can be due to timing issue. It could be that #2 is updating #1 quicker that #3 updating #1, hence overwriting the change. The plugin should cater for this as before doing any update, it will check the watch status first... :confused:

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Ok, just to be sure.
    Ill want the followeing:

#1 Server:
    Holds an MP installation and all changes will be made on this maschine and should be synced to others.
    Ex.: Add Series and Movies in MPTVSeries or MP.
    On the server there will never be an client opened!

#2 & #3 clients on which users watching.

I have setup MPSync on #2 & #3:
    Sync Inervall: 60 secs
    Pause on active: no
    Sync watch status: yes
    Direction: #1 -> #2 and #1 -> 3

Is this correct for what ill want?

Just checked if ill could resume an series on #3 which ill started on #2.
    Also waited ~3min so its gets synced.
    But resume doesnt work, #2 doesnt know anything from the started series on #3 :(

thx
    pOpY

PS: Ill like the idea to have all clients synced together!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom