[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization | Page 70

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by m3rcury, March 17, 2013.

1. nyt
    • Premium Supporter

nyt Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd test it, but I do not use that functionality. I'm just looking to sync moving pictures and mp-tvseries

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. doskabouter
    • Premium Supporter

doskabouter Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I do not have those slowness issues myself, but possibly that's because of my usecase (only sync movingpictures database (without watched status)+thumbs from central server to client).

Perhaps checking the logs of a sync where it's slow, or unexpected results can help

4. Anthony Vaughan
    • Premium Supporter

Anthony Vaughan MP Donator

Ratings:
    +44 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi nyt

What do you mean by moving pictures and mp-tvseries? Do you mean movies and tv programs recorded using MediaPortal. If so, then that is what I was talking about.

It occurs to me that, if you install MpSync on the same machine as MediaPortal server (i.e. where TVService is running), you may get poorer performance because MediaPortal server does use quite a bit of that machine's resources. You could try installing MpSync on another machine. I have my sync application running on my database server and have not experienced any performance issues.

Get in touch if you want to try my app.

Tony

5. nyt
    • Premium Supporter

nyt Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Home Country:
    I'm not using tvservice at all. Moving pictures and mp-tvseries are plugins for downloaded media.

Moving Pictures

MP-TVSeries

6. Anthony Vaughan
    • Premium Supporter

Anthony Vaughan MP Donator

Ratings:
    +44 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi nyt

Okay. I get it. I don't have a solution for that since I don't use those apps.

The reason I developed my program is because I wanted to ensure that when I watched part of a tv program using one client pc, I would be able to resume watching that program from a different client from where I left off before. I had to develop something to deal with this because each client connects to a single user database called VideoDatabaseV5.db3 that stores the last viewed position of a program.

This is why it is necessary to synchronize the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 database across all clients. The problem is that when more than one client is watching programs at the same time, and since these databases are only updated when the client MediaPortal program is closed down, the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 files are locked and cannot be updated while MediaPortal is open (because they are single user databases).

My solution is to queue all VideoDatabaseV5.db3 changes and apply them to all declared databases when each of the client databases become unlocked.

My app also synchronizes movie information, but only that stored in VideoDatabaseV5.db3.

I hope this explains what my app does for those who may be interested.

Tony

7. m3rcury
    • Team MediaPortal

m3rcury Development Group

Ratings:
    +623 / 4
    Home Country:
    Malta Malta
    Show System Specs
    @nyt. The plugin is designed to synchronize in the shortest time possible, so it does submit a lot of threads. Having said this, you can configure how many threads it submits as can be seen from the attached screen shot.

upload_2019-12-7_9-41-42.png

Please also note that when you do have a lot to synchronise, you can launch the synchronisation outside of MediaPortal from the configuration screen itself. This allows for the bulk of the process to be done prior to launching MediaPortal.

8. nyt
    • Premium Supporter

nyt Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Home Country:
    I didn't set any thread limits, External sync took over 25 minutes before I canceled it. Was super slow. I'll grab some logs when I get a few minutes.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!