[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (5 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Can modify it so it does not sync while media is playing?

J.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i have a problem. Since the V0.0.0.5 I can now also select the paths. For Sync I have specially created a special folder on my server. It nothing happens. The program aims to secure for me any data. The list is empty. Can we somehow trigger the first sync process? As far as one can not really go wrong.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Palm_Maniac,

Have you got the DBs (tables) on your server??...I do not believe it will create them for you - This is not a backup solution, but a syncing plugin.

J.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought to be the first start from the master client Once copied all the databases in the target directory to get a start state. Ok, let me everything is clear.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Work is now complete and final testing happening as we speak. Do to the overhaul of the scope of the plugin, I will change the name from CDB_Sync to MPSync, meaning MediaPortal Synchroniser.

A small appetiser of the plugin new look, new functions and enhancements:
    MPSync_settings.jpgMPSync_DB_paths.jpg MPSync_DB_settings.jpg MPSync_Thumbs_paths.jpg MPSync_Thumbs_settings.jpg
    The plugin will now synchronise both the databases as well as the thumbs folders. A number of changes were also introduced to enhance the performance, hence completing the tasks in a very much shorter time.

Should upload new plugin soon! Stay tuned ;)

Last edited:

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    will it only update the thumbs for the DB's you selected? or will it sync the entire thumbs dir? The screencaps suggest the latter

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    will it only update the thumbs for the DB's you selected? or will it sync the entire thumbs dir? The screencaps suggest the latter

Collective, it is the latter. Is there a need to select which thumbs folders to synchronize?

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    well for example, my main system has a very large main MP videos DB, whereas the clients only have a small HDD with a few selected shows to watch without the server. I only select the moving pictures and tv series DB's to sync, and worry that syncing the entire thumbs dir will use unnecessary resources since the clients are mITX with low power CPU's. The videos, music and MVcentral databases are different depending on the client.
    Will copying over the entire thumbs dir be ok on the clients with different DB's and thumbs for those DB's? or will it create problems (never wanted to find out it it was bad or not :whistle: )

Note: even the main machine had trouble playing when syncing the videos db (90meg) and it's an i7 2600.

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    well for example, my main system has a very large main MP videos DB, whereas the clients only have a small HDD with a few selected shows to watch without the server. I only select the moving pictures and tv series DB's to sync, and worry that syncing the entire thumbs dir will use unnecessary resources since the clients are mITX with low power CPU's. The videos, music and MVcentral databases are different depending on the client.
    Will copying over the entire thumbs dir be ok on the clients with different DB's and thumbs for those DB's? or will it create problems (never wanted to find out it it was bad or not :whistle: )

Collective, having extra stuff (thumbs) will not interfere with functionality, but obviously will take up unnecessary disk space. Will introduce the feature in the next release then.

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    All, new MPSync v0.0.0.1Beta has just been released. This replaces all functionality originally in CDB_Sync plugin. It also features performance improvements on the synchronization method.

Please give it a try and report any feedback. You can download from the repository as indicated in post #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom